This healthcare project includes a state-of-the-art four-story diagnostic and treatment building, a seven-story patient hospitality tower, and a garden atrium that connects the two buildings.
* 156 beds for cardiovascular and digestive disease services (including 32 ICU beds and 22 beds designed specifically for bariatric patients)
* Nine state-of-the-art operating rooms with integrated information technology systems and specialized equipment for vascular surgery
* Three electrophysiology labs
* Four interventional/diagnostic catheterization labs
* Three interventional radiology labs
* Nine endoscopy suites featuring the most advanced endoscopic technology
* Imaging capacity to include two diagnostic CTs, one diagnostic MRI, three nuclear cameras and three radiofrequency (RF) rooms
The Conservatory atrium is lush with vegetation and natural light. It unites the technology and hospitality components of the project. It provides patients, visitors and staff a clear sense of orientation, as well as comfortable areas for seating and contemplation. It also serves as the main entry from both the arrival garden and the pedestrain bridge, which links to the parking garage.
Patient Hospitality Tower:
The patient tower is inspired by the ambiance of a fine hotel. The hospitality tower is a seven-story form containing 156 patient rooms. All patient rooms are private, spacious and have a breathtaking view of the Ashley River and downtown Charleston. Patient rooms also include a decicated family zone with customized seats, work desks, and both wired and wireless Internet access.
Location: Charleston, SC, US
My Role: Team - Design Development and Construction Documents