After majoring in urban design as an undergrad at New York University, I continued my studies at the City College of New York, where I received an M.Arch degree. Over the past few years, I have worked with several New York architects and designers. Most recently, I have been doing freelance consulting work with Shalat Architects. I designed and developed their new website, and have handled drafting and rendering projects as needed.
Previously, I held the positions of junior designer and materials librarian at Crème Design. In these positions I was responsible for drafting and 3D modeling (primarily with AutoCAD and SketchUp), as well as developing other presentation materials, such as plan and elevation renderings in Photoshop and Illustrator. I also managed the design of a bridge and waterfront development proposal to help Crème expand its range of design work.
Before joining Crème, I spent a year at a start-up firm called Gil Even-Tsur Architecture Workshop, where I helped build the company’s portfolio of work in New York City and Israel. I worked closely with the principal during the schematic design phase for several projects, and I was in charge of designing and maintaining the firm’s website.
I recently moved to the DC area from Brooklyn, and am looking to start my career here.
Please visit my web portfolio at www.sarahcolacino.com
Shalat Architects, New York, NY, US, Freelance Designer
• Drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering of TV studios, restaurants, and other local projects
• Created new company website and taught full-time employees how to manage their own updates
Crème Design, Brooklyn, NY, US, Junior Designer
• Drafting and 3D modeling for hotel and restaurant projects in New York, Tyson’s Corner, and Doha
• Rendered plans for drawings sets for presentations with Hyatt Hotels
• Managed drawing sets in design development phase for restaurant project in Tokyo
• Acted as materials librarian in charge of meeting with vendors and securing and maintaining samples
Gil Even-Tsur Architecture Workshop, Brooklyn, NY, US, Intern
• Drafted schematic designs and 3D modeling of projects for professional renderers
• Participated in development of the Workshop’s proposal for the National Library of Israel Competition
• Re-designed and maintained updates to the company website
City College of New York (CCNY), New York, NY, US, MArch, Master of Architecture I
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Music and Urban Design Majors