I am an early-career architect with a wide variety of experience across different programs and project types. Through my work at firms in New York City and in the DC area, I’ve gained experience on a wide range of project types: residential, hospitality, TV studios, educational facilities, and office facilities.
At my current position at Parsons Corporation, the Engineering Support Contractor for the Job Corps
Program, I lead a team that prepares space planning designs and develops FF&E specifications for new Job Corps buildings and centers. I also work on historic preservation issues on Job Corps campuses, and I frequently do graphic design work for the office.
I am actively pursuing licensure and have recently completed four divisions of the ARE.
Please visit my web portfolio at www.sarahcolacino.com
Parsons Corp., Arlington, VA, US, Architectural Coordinator
•Manage interior design department in the selection and procurement of furniture for new Job Corps Centers and buildings; responsible for the furniture design of 6 new buildings to date
•Lead facility surveys to assess conditions at Job Corps Centers around the country
•Consult with project managers on historic preservation issues relating to Job Corps Centers
•Update office graphics and assist in the planning for future upgrades in software and technology
Shalat Architects, P.C., New York, NY, US, Freelance Designer
• Drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering of TV studios, restaurants, and other local projects
• Created new company website and taught full-time employees how to manage their own updates
crème, Brooklyn, NY, US, Junior Designer
• Drafting and 3D modeling for hotel and restaurant projects in New York, Tyson’s Corner, and Doha
• Rendered plans for drawings sets for presentations with Hyatt Hotels
• Managed drawing sets in design development phase for restaurant project in Tokyo
• Acted as materials librarian in charge of meeting with vendors and securing and maintaining samples
Gil Even-Tsur Architecture Workshop, Brooklyn, NY, US, Intern
• Drafted schematic designs and 3D modeling of projects for professional renderers
• Participated in development of the Workshop’s proposal for the National Library of Israel Competition
• Re-designed and maintained updates to the company website
City College of New York (CCNY), New York, NY, US, MArch, Master of Architecture I
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Music and Urban Design Majors