Benjamin Kolder is a student at the University of Kentucky College of Design where he recently earned his Bachelors degree in Architecture under Dean Michael Speaks. He has participated in design studios & workshops in Kentucky, Ohio, the Netherlands and Taiwan. Benjamin currently interns for Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos with UNStudio in Amsterdam.
UNStudio, Amsterdam, NL, Intern Architect
- Assisting/designing various projects in all phases (competition, schematic/construction).
- Utilizing grasshopper tooling in project developments (facades, etc.)
- Preparing and fabricating physical models for study and final presentation.
- Producing diagrams and presentation layouts for competition work.
- Participating in team discussions on a regular basis.
- Constantly striving to improve and better the project team in design intelligence.
OMA, New York, NY, US, Extern
- Two-week externship (UK Spring Break Practice Previous program).
- Participated in schematic design, design development, and model-making.
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, US, BArch, Architecture