Benjamin Kolder is a student at the University of Kentucky College of Design where he recently earned his Bachelors degree in Architecture under Dean Michael Speaks. He has participated in design studios & workshops in Kentucky, Ohio, the Netherlands and Taiwan. Benjamin currently interns for Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos with UNStudio in Amsterdam.
UNStudio, Amsterdam, NL, Architecture Trainee
- Participating in the design process of multiple projects in all phases (competition, concept design, schematic design, design development).
- Developing parametric scripts for various project components (ex): facade scripts with set panel/tile types ready for fabrication.
- Preparing and fabricating physical models for project studies and final presentation.
- Producing diagrams and presentation drawings.
- Producing internal renderings.
- Participating in team meetings and design discussions.
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, US, Fabrication Assistant
- Overseeing and maintaining the workshop and digital fabrication lab in the College of Design.
- Maintaining shop equipment to handle both large and small constructions.
- Assisting students with shop machinery, digital file preparation, and fabrication advice.
OMA, New York, NY, US, Extern
- Two-week externship (UK Spring Break Practice Previous program).
- Participated in schematic design, design development, and model-making.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Architecture
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, US, BArch, Architecture