Woodbury University School of Architecture, Adjunct Professor
Graduate level design studio and undergraduate thesis
Design communication/digital representation & parametric tools
Pearson Byun, Director
Entity formed to collaborate on a 20 unit law student housing project in West Africa.
Harvard iLab, Boston, Resident VIP
Research effort into the decentralization of water treatment infrastructure based at Harvard’s iLab with support from the university and the City of Boston’s New Urban Mechanics Group.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, US, Graduate Teaching Assistant / Blogger
Assisted Michael Maltzan, Mia Lehrer, Neil Leach, and Alison Hirsch.
Gensler, Boston, MA, US, Job Captain | Designer
Projects at all scales from test-fits to ground up core and shell buildings and campus repositioning.
Developed SD-CD drawing sets under a Project Manager working predominately in Revit
- San Jose, Costa Rica: SD proposals for mixed-use development
- Tech Park, Bedford, MA: Tech campus repositioning & site design; (SD-DD)
- Air Rights Tower, Newton, MA: Vestibule & lobby (DD-CD)
- Fidelity Chairman Headquarters, Salem, NH: highly iterative SD process.
- Various TI’s, Interior Fit-Outs and Campus Repositions
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, US, Adjunct Professor
College of Architecture, Design & Construction Management
Teaching the fundamentals of ideation, design & representation through drawing, diagramming, sketching, and modeling to 1st year 4+1 M-Arch students.
Conversation with Andrew Payne to be published in 2014 Wentworth Architecture Review
OP.en, SDNYLON-BOS, Co-Founder | Designer
- Finalists in the 2012 OnePrize: Blight to Might
- Urban design and market research for San Diego neighborhood in partnership with local planner/investor.
- Design of solar shade structures for the Art Produce art gallery. The overall site & building design by Lynn Susholtz was awarded a 2011 Sustainable Design Orchid from the San Diego Architectural Foundation.
- Semi-Finalists in the 2011 OnePrize: NYC 6 Boro competition
- Consultation on a winning installation competition entry by artist Anne Mudge.
Jorge Ozorno Studio, San Diego, CA, US, Co-Designer | Project Manager
Responsible for managing and co-designing residential projects in California and Mexico including a high-end contemporary home in La Jolla, CA that was awarded a 2014 AIASD Merit Award.
- Romero House | La Jolla, CA | Project cost: $5.5M: July 2010 - August 2012
- Fuentes Terrace | La Jolla, CA: November 2010 - February 2011 (SD - CA)
- Ocho Casas Verdes | Queretaro, MX: 2011 - 2012. 8 passive homes (Remote CA)
NewSchool of Architecture + Design, San Diego, CA, US, Design Critic | External Thesis Adviser | Teaching Assistant
B. Arch, M.Arch, and MS Arch Programs
Roesling Nakamura Terada Architects, San Diego, CA, US, Collaborator | Junior Architect
Competition & RFPs including Oceanside High School PAC, San Pasqual Academy Housing & Dormitories, Sage Creek High School, and California Senior Housing in Marin
Form 64 design + build, San Diego, CA, US, Journeyman
Renovation of (2) single family homes
estudio teddy cruz, UCSD, La Jolla, CA, Designer
Design models & drawings of the Living Rooms at the Border Project for Casa Familiar
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, Teaching Assistant | Dean's Intern
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, Instructor
RNT Architects, San Diego, CA, US, Junior Designer
SB Surfboards | Resin Works, Oceanside, CA, US, Craftsman
Built, tested, and designed surfboards for 5 years prior to university studies.
Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, MArch, Master in Architecture 2, Post Professional Degree
Studied under Anne Lacaton, Michael Maltzan and Ben van Berkel.
Co-founder, GSDWest, promoting dialogue between the coasts of North America.
Organized road trip from Tijuana to San Francisco. Visited over 30 design and real estate offices & important projects.
Work published in GSD Platform 7, “Hitchhiker’s Guide to Hyperreality: Thermo LA,” pp. 312-313 published
by Actar. 2015
Work presented at Tsinghua University, Beijing, “Architectures of Radical Openness.” Winter 2014.
Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA), Visiting School: San Francisco, CA, US / CCA, BioDynamic Structures
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
Cum Laude, Dean’s List 6 quarters, President’s List 2006 – 2007
Thesis: interdependence of natural, societal, and physical systems on a sensitive site w/in Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, CA.
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (ETSAM), Visiting Student (4th Year)
Studied under Blanca Lleó and Salvador Perez Arroyo.
EU Spanish Language fluency certifications.
2012 OnePrize: Blight to Might Competition organized by Terreform One
2011 OnePrize: NYC 6 Boro Competition organized by Terreform One