see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Recent graduate of the University of Michigan’s Taubman College of Architecture undergraduate program in search of an entry level position that will provide an opportunity to learn all aspects of the profession. Very interested in high end residential architecture and interior design as well as larger scaled mixed-use projects. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Wallenberg Competition Finalist
• Assisted in the production of "Thick-It", a research design-build project headed by Professors Adam Fure and Ellie Abrons
• Architectural Spring Break Externship at Howeler+Yoon Architecture in Boston, MA
• Alumnus, Alpha Rho Chi Professional Architecture Fraternity
• Alumnus, Theta Chi Men’s Fraternity; Alpha Gamma Chapter
• Experience using AutoCAD 2011, Rhinoceros 4.0 and 5.0 for MAC OSX and Windows, Google Sketchup, Adobe Suite CS4 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and Microsoft Office
Myefski Architects Inc, Evanston, IL, US, Intern Architects
.responsible for drafting construction documents and detail sets
.as-built BIM modeling using Revit 2010
.responsible for schematic design drawings, elevations, and massing diagrams for client presentations
Klein Residence-Renovation (Highland Park, IL)
Taylor Residence-New Construction (Winnetka, IL)
American Junkie Bar-New Construction (River North)
4-Phase New Construction (Marquette Michigan)
Presley Architecture, Northville, MI, US, Intern Architect
• Assisted in the construction and completion of new office space for Presley including demolition and preparation, rough carpentry, and interior finishings
• Responsible for the re-organization of all previous firm contracts, schematic design drawings, client meeting records, and invoices from 2001-2010
• Responsible for the re-organization of all current and previous construction document sets
• Assisted in field measurements of client homes for renovation projects
• Responsible for existing conditions drawings
• Created work display layouts for Presley's awards and published works using Adobe Suite
• Gained insight on historic rehabilitation and urban planning/development of downtown Northville
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, Bachelors, Architecture
I graduated this past spring with a Bachelors of Science in Architecture from the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning with a final grade point average of 3.77/4.00
During my junior year I designed a public library along the Woodward Avenue corridor in Detroit. During the first semester of my senior year, I designed a mixed-use, urban gardening community that promoted vertical agriculture and a self sustaining community. My attempt was to create buildings within a building, and experiment with interstitial spaces and how they can separate the mixed programs within an architecture. I also took a Real Estate Development and Assessment class through Ross Business School, where I worked in a team of three to put together a feasible real estate deal in local Ann Arbor complete with neighborhood analysis, projected fiscal scenarios, and renovation proposals for the targeted property.
During my final semester at the Taubman College, I designed a children's sense museum. My entire semester was spent investigating the architectural interior and how things such as light manipulation, material qualities, etc. can create certain atmospheres to stimulate the human senses. My project was selected to compete in the Wallenberg Competition, an annual competition held at Taubman College for students in their final semester of their undergraduate education, and was honorably mentioned at the symposium.
Angell Scholar, Award
Given to students who earn straight A's in consecutive semesters at The University of Michigan.