see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Architectural Technician at VOA Associates' headquarters in Chicago, IL. Strong design and project coordination abilities with 2+ years of professional experience. My post-graduation career began at Myefski Architects in Evanston, IL. I have had the opportunity to work on a broad range of architectural projects, ranging from high-end residences, restaurants/night clubs, mixed-use developments, and interior renovations.
• Wallenberg Competition Finalist 2012- University of MIchigan
• Assisted in the production of "Thick-It", a research design-build project headed by Professors Adam Fure and Ellie Abrons
• Architectural Spring Break Externship at Howeler+Yoon Architecture in Boston, MA
• Alumnus, Alpha Rho Chi Professional Architecture Fraternity
• Alumnus, Theta Chi Men’s Fraternity; Alpha Gamma Chapter
• Experience using AutoCAD 2011, Rhinoceros 4.0 and 5.0 for MAC OSX and Windows, Google Sketchup, Adobe Suite CS4 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and Microsoft Office
VOA Associates Incorporated, Chicago, IL, Architectural Technician
Myefski Architects Inc, Evanston, IL, US, Project Coordinator
Post graduation, immediately began working at Myefski Architects in Evanston, IL, where I acquired a diverse knowledge of various types of architecture and a high proficiency in Revit. During my employment at Myefski Architects, I had the opportunity to work on the following projects:
American Junkie Restaurant and NIght Club; Chicago,IL
Private Residence; New Construction; Winnetka, IL
Mixed-Use Development (Bank, Hotel, Retail); Marquette, MI
North Shore Hotel; 20,000 SF interior renovation/rehabilitation; apartment renovations; Evanston, IL
North Shore Residences; 60,000+ SF new construction; Evanston, IL
Private Residence; Barrington HIlls, IL
Private Residence; Renovation/Rehabilitation; Winnetka, IL
The HUB; Madison, Wisconsin
In mid-November of 2013, I began a new chapter of my career at VOA Associates, where I currently work on Mixed-Use projects around the city.
Presley Architecture, Northville, MI, US, Intern Architect
• Assisted in the construction and completion of new office space for Presley including demolition and preparation, rough carpentry, and interior finishings
• Responsible for the re-organization of all previous firm contracts, schematic design drawings, client meeting records, and invoices from 2001-2010
• Responsible for the re-organization of all current and previous construction document sets
• Assisted in field measurements of client homes for renovation projects
• Responsible for existing conditions drawings
• Created work display layouts for Presley's awards and published works using Adobe Suite
• Gained insight on historic rehabilitation and urban planning/development of downtown Northville
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, Bachelors, Architecture
I graduated in the spring of 2012 with a Bachelors of Science in Architecture from the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning with a final grade point average of 3.77/4.00
During my final semester at the Taubman College, I designed a children's sense museum. My entire semester was spent investigating the architectural interior and how things such as light manipulation, material qualities, etc. can create certain atmospheres to stimulate the human senses. My project was selected to compete in the Wallenberg Competition, an annual competition held at Taubman College for students in their final semester of their undergraduate education, and was honorably mentioned at the symposium.
Angell Scholar, Award
Given to students who earn straight A's in consecutive semesters at The University of Michigan.