For more than 5 years, I have been working in the architectural, interior, retail and exhibit design fields, most recently with Ismael Leyva Architects PC. One particularly challenging project was to integrate an existing hospital (The Beacon) with a historical façade, add a new entrance building and preserve the historical characteristics of the building, with the vision proposed by the Project Architect, Engineers, Historical Preservation Board and the owner of the building. I prepared the detailed technical CAD drawings, resolved the design discrepancies on the basis of appropriate building codes and on-site investigation. My previous employer was very pleased that I was able to exceed the expectations of the owner. I am flexible with different fields of construction.
Ismael Leyva Architects, Architect
• Developed and created the production drawings for 36,000 sq. ft., 44 stories high luxury residential and commercial building. Coordinated engineers and contractors involved in the project.
• Previous accomplished projects: The Beacon, Jersey City, NJ, Buildings A,B and C - created main entrance pavilion, ANSI Compliance Set and designed the Sundeck in Building B (www.thebeaconjc.com/full-site.html). 29 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY - updated documents, 88 Greenwich St NY - renovated façade, 15 Broad Street NY - rooftop renovation, 114 East 32nd Street NY, 309 Fifth Avenue and Sundari Lofts and
Tower, NY - all renovations.
ARAMIS International, Architect
• Responsibilities included production drawings for exterior storefront paneling and curtain wall paneling for a 30,000 sq. ft., 5 level international retail stores, multi-brand showcases, loose fixtures, entrance lobby design, water wall design and perimeter cases.
• Accomplishments and duties: Work involved design and detailing interior and exterior facade,
mill work and site investigation of all Aramis and Estee Lauder storefronts and showcases.
JPV Design Group, Architect
• Developed and created restoration of 35,000 sq. ft. retail buildings and retail stores.
• Accomplished projects: J.C. Penny Stores, Loft Stores, Jeoffrey Bean Stores and Bass Stores.
Costas Kondylis, Senior Designer
• Developed and created production drawings for 30,000 sq. ft., 34 story and 55,000 sq. ft.,
44 story residential buildings and retail offices. Developed main entrance lobbies, canopy and storefronts.
• Accomplished projects: Foley Square, NY, The Capitol, NY, Riverside Building E, Trump Complex, NY, 14th Street Armory Place, NY
American Museum of Natural History, Exhibit Designer
• Developed and created production drawings for 25, 000 sq. ft. Museum exhibit spaces and display cases.
• Accomplished projects: The Nature of Diamonds and Amber Exhibits, Biodiversity Hall, Giant Squid Exhibit, Epidemic Exhibit, Spirits in Steel and Rose Center for Earth and Space Exhibit , N.Y.
Middlesex County College, LEED Green Associate
Green Construction application and studies in all phases of general construction.
CFA/CADD Training, Consulting for Architects, Inc., New York City, Computer Aided Drafting
Understanding the use of Computer Aided Drafting and applying it to create a Construction Documents. Creating a 3 dimensional drawing with the use of the software.
Far Eastern University (FEU), BArch, Architectural and Interior Design
Study in all phases of Building Construction . Study in the integration of different Engineering fields and coordinate the Architectural Building Design to match their plan layouts. Understand and create a sensible and maximize space planning regarding Interior Design of a building. The construction should be based on the culture, design motif, beliefs and weather condition of a structure.