Graf & Tolosa is an emerging, design based architecture firm located in the San Francisco city center. Founded in late 2013 the studio provides full architectural services, from concept design to contract administration, while simultaneously pursuing design interests in the fields of branding, graphics, furniture, prototyping and product design. Our current projects range from high-end private homes to smaller commercial spaces in the city and greater Bay Area. Our design philosophy is to achieve expertise through innovation and creative thinking. As generalists, we approach each project as a unique and critical endeavor.
We are looking for a smart, energetic, experienced designer with a commitment to excellent, modern design. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and independently on all project phases, including: conceptual and schematic design, client interface, consultant coordination, construction documentation and on-site construction administration. Because our office is a hands-on, "soup to nuts" studio-like environment, you will have a direct opportunity to shape the quality and character of our various projects while guiding them from concept through construction.
Graf & Tolosa offers the opportunity for great career growth in architecture, as well as competitive salary, health insurance and continuing education and development support.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
-Documentation of all phases of architectural service
-Generating, developing and modeling conceptual ideas for projects in a collaborative manner
-Managing communications with project consultants
-Work directly with contractors and sub-contractors to ensure project implementation
The ideal candidate would have:
• A Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited architecture program
• 2 to 5 years of work experience in an architecture office
• Strong CAD skills -Autocad required, and Revit experience a plus
• 3-D modeling and rendering experience (Rhino, Sketchup, VRay, Maxwell)
• Graphic Layout experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• A self motivated and curious personality
• Willingness to handle a range of responsibilities and tasks including involvement with all phases of projects.
• Ability to work effectively on their own as well as collaboratively as part of a team
• High-end residential design experience preferred
• The ability to work within the U.S. (unfortunately, Graf & Tolosa can not sponsor work visas at this time)
To apply, please send resume, work samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org