Ben Adams Studio is a busy and growing architectural design practice based in Downtown LA, with its headquarters Ben Adams Architects in London.
We are a young, creative and dynamic team who work across various design sectors including mixed use developments, residential, commercial workplace, and hotels on new builds, refurbishments, conversions and listed buildings in LA and London.
We are looking to hire an Architect with licensure accreditation on a permanent part-time basis, 2-3 days per week, to successfully run and manage architectural schemes of varying scales and complexities, to meet clients’ brief, budget, and programme on multiple projects simultaneously.
The position will involve:
- Liaison with various consultants to produce a fully coordinated project through schematic design, design development, construction documentation, as well as the bid, negotiation and construction phase services.
- Working on architectural schemes of varying scales and complexities, while managing the architectural office team for that project.
- The enthusiasm to develop the job role as the office grows.
- Maintaining licensure to allow review of construction documents for code compliance and preparation of building permit submissions.
Additional requirements for the position are as follows:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Evidence of good design ability e.g. portfolio of work
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Excellent verbal and visual communication, project leadership and client liaison skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Technical knowledge and drafting ability of construction methods
- Ability to coordinate internal and external information
- Legally able to work in the US, hold an architectural licence in the State of California, and be able to stamp drawings for approval
- Proficient and up to date knowledge of California Building code and LA Municipal code Knowledge of Culver City and Santa Monica Municipal codes is also of benefit
- Proficiency to use of MicroStation/ AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch-Up, and Microsoft Office essential. Develop understanding of BIM/ Revit
- Experience of LEED and its application to projects
- On site contract management experience
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties within the practice/ team may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience.
Ben Adams Studio is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit resume and samples (maximum size of 8MB) from your portfolio to email@example.com. No agencies or telephone calls.