SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
ScavulloDesign is seeking a seasoned Senior Designer with 7+ years of residential design experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience as senior designer to immediately have primary design responsibility and work closely with the Principal on a regular basis. The Senior Designer is responsible for all aspects of the design process from concept through installation, for helping establish and monitor project budget and schedule, for guiding junior design staff, and for establishing and maintaining good client and vendor relationships. This position requires a candidate with a strong track record of managing all phases of design projects and ensuring client satisfaction, while overseeing quality control and project financial performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage high-end residential interior design projects from concept to installation, including space planning and interior architectural design.
- Utilize VectorWorks to develop construction drawings, furniture layouts and lighting design.
- Source and select interior finishes, fixtures, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware and accessories.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations.
- Manage the daily workflow of junior staff and provide regular project status updates to the Project Manager
- Keep all interested parties apprised of significant details and events. Maintain continual two-way communication with principals and project team regarding project and client details. Regularly interact with clients in person and via phone/email to provide progress reports and address questions and concerns.
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings. Visit job site and travel as necessary to complete project tasks. Must own and have sole access to a reliable car. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Communicate regularly with General Contractor and Project Manager to support construction schedule.
- Implement our firm’s procurement standards.
- Coordinate and execute project installations, photo shoots, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 7+ years of hands on experience in a residential design firm, minimum of 3 years experience as senior designer
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent
- Must have strong technical skills and be highly skilled with construction documents, hand drawing, drafting in VectorWorks (or equal), MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel). Other software a plus: Design Manager Photoshop, SketchUp, 3-D rendering program
- Highly experienced with creating, redlining, and submitting Construction Documents and cabinetry shop drawings
- Custom detailing for architectural materials (cabinetry, tile/stone, and furniture) and soft goods (pillows, drapery, bedding)
- Strong Knowledge of materials, applications, and construction
- In-depth knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources (knowledge of LA and NYC resources a plus)
- Strong time management skills a must
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Must be highly organized and care about everything being in the right place.
- Ability to work in a close team environment, while interacting and working effectively with architects, contractors, clients, vendors, fabricators in a professional and assertive manner.
- Able to communicate effectively, positively, and productively with staff and colleagues. Demonstrated competency to manage workflow of junior designers, design assistants, and interns.
- Ability to win and maintain the trust and confidence of the client
- Must have a can-do attitude with strong problem solving skills.
Our firm delivers outstanding design, top-notch client service in a fun, supportive, dynamic, engaging office environment. Salary is competitive, based on qualifications. The benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, 401K match, health, and dental insurances and incentive bonus. This is a tremendous opportunity for Growth, Expansion, Expression, Satisfaction and Success.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history, portfolio/work samples via email. Reference “Senior Designer Position” on the subject line.