Allied Works Architecture is seeking a highly organized, articulate and strategically minded Director of Operations for our Portland, OR office. The Director of Operations will function as a member of the leadership team and will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of the Portland and New York office operations. This effort will facilitate and support the execution of the highest quality of architectural work while enabling the most effective and efficient operations and business practices.
- Oversight of all project contracts with involvement from the Project Managers, firm Legal Counsel and the Managing Principal.
- Oversight of all office and project accounting with involvement from the accounting staff, CFO and Managing Principal.
- Oversight of staffing and hiring for both the Portland and New York office with involvement from the Associate Principals and oversight by the Managing Principal.
- Oversight of office technology for both the Portland and New York offices with support from Senior architectural staff and outside IT consulting firms. This oversight will ensure that the best technology practices are implemented and upgraded as necessary in support of the architectural work.
- Oversight of facilities management and improvements for both the Portland and New York offices (leases, infrastructure, future growth, etc.).
- Contribution to the strategic thinking of the office including future growth and structure.
- Director of Operations will report to and work directly with the Managing Principal.
- 10 years experience in the field of architecture, engineering or a creative/design industry with at least 5 years experience as a Senior Project Manager, Director of Operations or Business Manager.
- Experience managing project teams and clients associated with high profile, complex and highly political projects.
- Experience negotiating contracts and financial matters with significant clients, consultants and financial parties.
- Experience with oversight of office and project accounting.
- Experience with oversight of staffing and hiring.
- Experience with oversight of office and facilities management.
- Ability to think strategically and participate in executive level planning.
- Highly developed communication skills, specifically with senior management, clients and consultants.
- Superior leadership skills and the ability self manage and to manage staff.
Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level. Candidates must be able to start work immediately and must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and works samples to email@example.com (include Director of Operations in the email subject line) or hard copies can be sent to:
Allied Works Architecture
1532 SW Morrison, 3rd Floor
Portland, OR 97205
Please include salary requirements and availability. No telephone calls please.