• Well-organized and flexible problem solver who enjoys facing new challenges
• Skilled in taking initiative – self-confident and conscientious
• Verifiable track record of maintaining positive & professional rapport with project teams and clients
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, FastTrack Schedule, and Quickbooks
• Basic Spanish communication skills
* Currently in the process of completing the OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training Course
Interior Management, Inc., New York, NY, US, Assistant Project Manager / Estimator
• Directing & supervising subcontractors & maintenance crew on site
• Documenting & distributing change orders, RFI’s, meeting agendas & minutes
• Completing projects within schedule constraints and budget parameters
• Supervising post-construction maintenance projects / updates to completion
• Preparing & updating professional contact list
• Soliciting bids from vendors / subcontractors
• Comparing subcontractor bids with scope of work, then inputting, formatting & editing proposals
• Using project management software to help PM’s develop schedules
• Reading & updating jobsite blueprints
• Creating & updating project & maintenance manuals
• Opening / preparing & closing / securing of job sites
Gelfran Associates, Roslyn, NY, US, Building Superintendent’s Assistant
Assisting the apartment building superintendent in completing hands-on tasks, such as demolition, roofing, blacktop resurfacing, floor sanding and varnishing, finish painting, building & property maintenance.
ARKANE®, Inc., Port Washington, NY, US, Owner / Operator
This small-business concern focused on retailing street wear products at events. Operations included basic purchasing, accounting, inventory & warehousing, product design & production, coordination with event planners, marketing and the development of sales channels.
KCD Worldwide, New York, NY, US, Production Assistant
Assisting the event staff in directing & supporting production crews (including construction, public relations, catering & security), and occasionally with office duties. Worked on seasonal fashion shows for designer labels such as Marc Jacobs, Sean John, Zac Posen, Ralph Lauren, Helmut Lang, Louis Vuitton, Burberry & Victoria’s Secret & the CFDA Awards.
Yestermorrow Design/Build School, Waitsfield, VT, US, Sustainable Building / Design
Yestermorrow's Certificate in Sustainable Building & Design provides a solid grounding in sustainable design principles, along with hands-on experience in the design/build process. Balancing theory with hands-on practice, students have the opportunity to explore alternative, innovative, and experimental design and building methodologies and materials.
• Ecological Design in the Built Environment
• Less is More: Designing a Small or Tiny House
• Solar Electric Design & Installation
• The Healthy Home
• Solar Design
• Urban Regeneration
• Green Remodeling & Deep Energy Retrofits
• Basic Carpentry
• Foundations 101
• The Art of Building Series
• Fundamentals of Design
• How to GC Your Home
• Electricity: Safe & Secure + Wire it Up!
Whole Systems Design, Moretown, VT, US, Permaculture Design Certificate
This certificate program, based on the core Permaculture Design curriculum, includes applications of Permaculture in diverse settings, and techniques for meeting human needs that harmonize with ecological patterns. The program culminates with a series of iterative Permaculture site designs completed as a team project. Lectures and hands-on work also include: bioregional designs, natural history of the northern forest bioregion and designs that cooperate with their regeneration, energy and nutrient cycling, watershed health, gravity spring-fed water systems, tree crop maintenance, agroforestry, radical soil building and more.
The New School for Social Research, New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Liberal Arts