Archinect
anchor

music to get you through the night

softcell

hi

i want to know what is the music that gets you guys through the night but you would never admit it during the daytime......

a good start could be foreigner or NKOTB, cmon forget the "architectstyle" concept sound and start moving your ass to the dancefloor.....

Oct 13, 05 7:01 am
b3tadine[sutures]

america

Oct 13, 05 7:58 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

softcell - tainted love

Oct 13, 05 9:34 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Jimmy Edgar - Bounce, Make, Model

Ellen Allien - Thrills

Isan - Beautronics

Oct 13, 05 9:43 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

as far as the dancefloor is concerned - bust out some Mash up sets by Low Budgee

Oct 13, 05 9:44 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

ol blue eyes and kruder and dorfmeister.
never fails.

Oct 13, 05 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

ok boney m, but in a post modern sense

Oct 13, 05 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
softcell

cmon dont be shy.....

Oct 13, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

808 state

Oct 13, 05 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
AP

queen, or 80's pop. or iggy pop

Oct 13, 05 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Oct 13, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

spice girls, including the solo efforts of mel c. and emma bunton

Oct 13, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

the grateful dead

Oct 13, 05 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

there is nothing like a little Paperboy "diddy" to get the night started

Oct 14, 05 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

everybody
"yo,
this is something coming from the nine duce
another fat fat track

Oct 14, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

everybody
"yo,
this is something coming from the nine duce
another fat fat track

Oct 14, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

trans am, mouse on mars, ratatat

Oct 14, 05 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This doesn't fit the "won't admit to during the day" profile, but since this is the only current muisc thread I'll say it here:

GO BUY the new Ike Reilly Assassination album, and the two previous to it plus the downloadable B-sides collection.

It rocks so hard, and Ike is a true independent artist trying to make a living following his dream - which we all are, too, right? - so don't get it free from somehwere, pay for it to support good work, which, again, we all want others to do for us, right?

Everyone I've played Ike for has loved it. Go on, go get it. Now.

Oct 14, 05 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

ELO's "a new world record"

you just can't orchestrate rock music like that anymore -- irony has rendered the electric cello mute for all time

Oct 14, 05 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Neil Diamond, but I do admit that during the day, so I lie.

Oct 14, 05 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i got my ike reilly for free. wink wink...

Oct 15, 05 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But vado do you have the entire Ike Reilly discography? I don't thiiiiiiink sooooooo.....

You don't want to miss out on any of somethin' so good. ;-)

Oct 15, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

then i'll have to ask my connection to hook me up wid the rest of it.

Oct 15, 05 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I suspect your connection may already be feeling guilt over freely sharing someone else's livelihood.

Oct 16, 05 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Some ass is cranking Stevie Wonder at 3:09 AM!

Oct 17, 05 3:09 am  · 
 · 
upside

nothing wakes you up like a healthy dose of sepultura at 4.00am.

disclaimer: i take no responsibility for any lost friendships or physical injurys you sustain if you fail to ask your studio mates before trying this.

Oct 17, 05 4:16 am  · 
 · 
surface

red rocket
sicko
hammerbox
state route 522
hush harbor
jough dawn baker
nineironspitfire
botch

I have been nostalgic lately.

Oct 17, 05 9:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

drive that nova like its stolen! go commie go!!!

Oct 17, 05 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ive decided tonight
im staying alive
kicking and screaming
i'm staying alive
blood boiling and steaming

there are things
far to dark
to comprehend...
sleep on it
one more night...
one more night...
my sad old friend...

alive
im staying alive

that will save you through a night

Oct 17, 05 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I dreamed I lived
in the upper world
with a chemical house
and a medicine girl

but I couldn't get it fixed
and I couldn't pay the tax...
so I washed it down with gasoline
and dried it with a match

Yeah.

Oct 17, 05 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

old fashioned country of the johny cash variety; or green day, the ramones; straightforward stuff like that is always good for staying awake to.

vado, stealing music is very naughty. no one is ever gonna buy my music, but ave a mate who earns his living touring and selling discs. thinking bout musicians like his hardworkin self i just can't bring myself to download tunes for free. well, unless the musicians are really rich...

Oct 18, 05 8:54 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

THE NEW RED CHORD

Oct 18, 05 10:09 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

i second ol' blue eyes

Oct 18, 05 10:13 am  · 
 · 

El Abellarde

Oct 18, 05 10:18 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

david holmes, blue six, thievery corp, k&d

Oct 18, 05 10:26 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I totally agree, jump. I know it's not logical but I don't mind someone copying a U2 disc for me ( I don't download period) - they have a 60 billion dollar record deal. But small independent artists who are trying to make their living selling discs at live shows where you only pay a $5 bar cover to see them...as someone in the business of selling my creativity I can't steal their music.

And, jump, given your "old fashioned straightforward" list I'd highly recommend you give Ike Reilly a listen too. If you don't like him I'll personally buy you a Ramones CD you don't own already, how's that for a guarantee??

Oct 18, 05 10:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But also, jump, just so it doesn't seem like we're ganging up to give vado a spanking - though that might be fun! - in case it isns't clear it was liberty bell who gave him a CD of Ike, to get him interested in purchasing more....I hope it works.

Oct 18, 05 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

eels: souljacker + this rotten world

Oct 18, 05 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

aah, i humbly apologise.

i'll ave a look at the ikester. never heard of him oddly nuff. love the straighforward stuff when workin. when i sit down to play or listen am more into django, nina simone, or blues masters like james cotton. can't work if i listen to them though cuz i end up just listening. strangely, the same goes for the beach boys. pet sounds just blows me away, completely mesmerising. no wonder the beatles and the sotnes freaked when they heard it.

Oct 18, 05 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

as a guy who actually has received a bmi royalty check, i have never stolen any music. i am also a very good tipper.

Oct 19, 05 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

motorpsycho at the moment, but the latest stuff is so mellow i'm falling asleep...

...i shall summon the mighty mastodon then...

...instant relief!

Oct 19, 05 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

restproof clockwork....a classic

Oct 20, 05 8:56 am  · 
 · 
ochona

as i am full-on in the throes of my second workday today i figured i would re-start this thread. i'm in kind of a bad 1970s AM mood and i brought my headphones.

chicago: chicago transit authority. each song is like a ride on the howard el at night: takes way too long and gets real boring right around bryn mawr. but like a ride on the howard el at night you dare not fall asleep.

boz scaggs: silk degrees. whoever said that blues and tuxedos and jazz flute tasted good together...well, they were wrong. kinda makes me want to go pick up a pack of menthols and drink some wine made of something other than grapes. plus, nothing good can come from plano, texas.

steve miller band: fly like an eagle. further proof that nothing good can come from plano, texas.

the very best of the eagles. god, these rednecks could harmonize even when they were hopped up on mushrooms. "tequila sunrise" always reminds me of those childhood rides up to the chickasaw reservation in oklahoma so my mom and dad could get discounted cigarettes. 100 miles is not too far to drive for $9.99 cartons of unfiltered camels. especially when one of those cartons lasts two days.

finally:

the saturday night fever soundtrack. never has a paint can been used to such...uh, rhythmical purpose.

Jan 31, 06 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

now i have been playing the song "kaze wo atsumete" over and over and i'll actually admit it

Feb 1, 06 12:06 am  · 
 · 
.dwg

stephanie, i second on the Ratatat. Russian Futurists here as well.

Feb 1, 06 12:10 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

gratefull dead and floyd ... it get you through the night

Feb 1, 06 12:16 am  · 
 · 
e909

talk radio puts me to sleep, unless i'm really awake. No Other Radio is also for insomniacs.

Feb 1, 06 5:54 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sporadic supernova...This is also with reference to the quote you made in my thread "you know you were or ar an arch student when ".....you made two posts there about floyd and design etc.

dude, pinkfloyd and dead are REALLY cryptic. really...

A true story,..
in college two of my seniors were once doing an all nighter for fun with a wee bit of booze and ganja..just a tiny bit ..AND were playing Pink Floyd all nite ( someone later found out that the album in question was ummagumma )

dont know what happened that nite but by morning ,one of them had to be admitted to hospital for palpitation (panic attack) and mild schizophrenia like symptoms........and later he had to go to the psychiatrist for therapy for a month or two.
( It had nothing to do with the intoxicants..both were hardcore junkies)

yea.

Feb 1, 06 6:06 am  · 
 · 
esoterrorist

when the mood strikes, which is every night, sleepless or not

Queen
the darkness
Justin Timberlake
Missy Elliot
[anything that would require dancing on my part as the listener]

All of studio knows that i like these songs because I unplug me earphones turn up the music and SING ALONG, weather they want it or not they get sung to for three or so minutes and then they can go back to their work

Feb 1, 06 6:13 am  · 
 · 
job job

i mean, we're talking LATE at night.

someone mentioned neil diamond, and i cracked up. images of my dad singing sweeeet caroliiiine - classic

Feb 1, 06 6:50 am  · 
 · 
alexan

gets plenty of dirty looks.
but thats fine, because im a p i m p

Feb 1, 06 7:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: