Archinect
anchor

Project management software

Jun 17 '10 15 Last Comment
archki
Jun 17, 10 7:52 pm

Hi,

I have been asked to evaluate several project management softwares and have been looking at "Open-Air" and "Tenrox". Does anyone have experience with either of these products? Pro's and cons? Other suggestions?

We want to be about to track schedules, resources, budgets and have them automatically work with timesheet and billing data and hopefully be easy to use and have graphic output cabilities.

What software do you use?

Cheers!

RKTechture
Jun 18, 10 12:37 am

I fill out my timesheets on Tenrox...that's it.

Other options:
Meridian Prolog
Horizontal
Buzzsaw (for file management)

Matpro
Jun 18, 10 8:13 am

We are using VisionProject (www.visionproject.se). It is a great software if you want to do several different things like Time Reporting, Document Managment, Project Management, Support Management, etc.
It is very easy to use and you can choose to run it over internet as a hosted solution (that's how we do it) or if you want to install it on a server.

pickfirst
Jul 22, 10 12:05 pm

A great PIM software our firm is using is Newforma. It is great for actual tracking of incoming and outgoing files (emails included) that goes on during a project.

Our office used Deltek Vision separately for the financials. There is a module that can be added that will combine the two, which we've yet to explore.

I recommend this as something to explore, even just for the frontend actual project management side (vs. the financial/scheduling backend).

Gregory WalkerGregory Walker
Apr 24, 11 2:53 pm

wouldn't archioffice be another option? the two you're looking at are office management type solutions, no?

Token AE
Apr 24, 11 9:55 pm

To throw onto the file management side-

if you are big on Revit and BIM-based coordination, ProjectWise (by Bentley) has some serious Revit tweaks that make everything else look like child's play. Conversely, this may also be overkill depending on what your typical projects are.

David CuthbertDavid Cuthbert
Apr 25, 11 1:22 am

like Gregory I was going to suggest archioffice or make your own with MS access

Crown12
Jul 2, 11 9:23 pm

I've been using basecamp to better manage my projects. My team decided to use this because it can easily be learned. It's simple and very easy to use. It keeps us track of our projects and they are easy to navigate since projects are loaded in a single dashboard for users to see it right when they go to the dashboard.

You can also take a look at some basecamp alternatives in this link and see if it has features that would help your team. Zoho-projects is good for creating and assigning tasks while freshbooks can do online invoicing for job costs, either of these two can be good.

William6
Jul 19, 11 9:41 pm

Latitude can export user timesheets to an accounting software package like QuickBooks, MYOB or Simply Accounting. You can invoice job costs with its simple cash accounting system.

Graphs reports like timesheets, billings, active/inactive jobs, etc., can be quickly generated.

garryburks
Nov 4, 11 7:52 am

Prior to implementing the project management software my organization too did a thorough check of the pro's and con's of the integrated software. We finally closed in on the Microsoft Project Professional 2010. The user-controlled scheduling feature has provided a flexible planning solution for our project managers. There's also an in-built feature which provides a single screen for managing approvals for timesheets, project updates, and administrative approvals. The information captured in the timesheet and task management process can be shared with line-of-business applications too. If you wish to know more, you can visit Microsoft's website.

davidhog123
Dec 28, 11 1:40 am

Hello Nancy,

Can you tell me more about the features and where else can i use this software for management. Does this software require any kind of software which are to be installed before initiating the eresource scheduler setup.

davidhog123
Mar 7, 12 3:10 am

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the reply. Can i have a video tour of the software so that it becomes easy for me to evaluate it .

timesheet
Jul 3, 12 12:39 pm

We use Replicon project tracking software, which is one of the leading time billing and project tracking software available.

I have experience working with Tenrox, its a good tool, but I was not satisfied with the packages they had.

addisoncollins116
Feb 19, 13 9:17 pm

Hi, Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. It is indeed a big help to me. I use Time Doctor and it is popular and effective project management software.

sadiyakhan
Feb 20, 13 5:46 am

If you are looking for Project management software then you first of all it depends on the type of project because the software should full fill your requirement. If you are looking for Construction Management software then you should prefer according to your need.

MJPM
Jul 20, 13 8:55 am

Dear architects,

For those of you interested in architectural management take a look at this web site.

http://www.ie.edu/school-architecture-design/master-architectural-management-design/

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading