Archinect
anchor

which country has got more scope for B.Eng CIVIL

misbah

Dear Friends,

I just found out about Archinet and I think its a very good forum I was in search of any such forum since i have got admission in B.Eng Civil course (i.e from past one and a half year), I am from Pakistan and I have aimed that I will migrate to foreign country because of devastating situation of Pakistan, in that matter I wanted to get some suggestion from people like you.

can anyone help me in this matter cause i don't have any mentor my question is What should be my future course after bachelors in civil engineering and which country is favorable

Mar 30, 14 6:03 pm
gwharton

As a civil engineer, you will never starve. However, you probably want to look for countries where there is a lot of infrastructure work taking place. That primarily means China, India, and the Middle East. If you're from Pakistan, you can probably cross India off your list, but China and the rest of the mid-east are good bets. European and North American infrastructure is already well developed (if suffering from deferred maintenance problems in some cases).

Mar 31, 14 2:58 am  · 
 · 
3tk

What type/area of civil engineering?  There is a lot of work all over the world as most areas are either growing or replacing infrastructure.  In general you'll see a lot of international consulting firms (Arup, Happold, etc) practicing globally with great in-house training.  Any experience at more innovative firms will translate globally - on the other hand, if you're working in less innovative areas, your knowledge will be limited (you want to stay 'current' in the newest research and methods, not just through journals like those published by ASCE, but in practice).  I would suggest you try to find work in the most challenging areas (water management in arid areas, structural in seismic areas, etc).

Mar 31, 14 11:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: