Archinect
anchor

Expected Salary at Heatherwick Studio

xxSxx

Hi

I am American and looking to work at Heatherwick Studio in London. I have a Masters degree in Architecture and have been working for two years now in the states. I wanted to know what would be a reasonable salary requirement to ask for when asked. I don't want to ask for something to high and scare them. Nor do I want to low ball myself. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if you know of what the culture, hours, people are like there I'd be grateful for the feedback.

Thanks

Nov 14, 13 5:53 pm
SiameseDream

about 25k (pounds)

Nov 15, 13 12:36 am  · 
 · 
DeTwan

mURR... ONE BILLION POUNDS

Nov 15, 13 12:42 am  · 
 · 
midlander

done being done with architecture again?

I would expect it to pay the median salary for architects in London, whatever that is. Architecture firms aren't like law firms - there isn't some premium for prestige. You are worth whatever your peers would accept in your place. If you have outstanding talent and good connections, you open your own shop and hire whoever can get the work done when you need it, at market price.

Dec 12, 15 10:59 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

kozumelle - they would never hire a ninny.

Dec 12, 15 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Bench

There's a pattern to your posts... You seem simultaneously enamored with starchitects, yet also loath them...

Dec 12, 15 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

no formula. none, not even any reliable guidelines. btw all of us and everyone you work with or compete against is trying to acheive some kind of success.

i suppose it would do you some good to work for a famous name if only to show you how tenuous and unreliable fame is - even zaha hadid has to get up every day, work hard and figure out how to keep things moving forward. she or anyone else would be passed by and forgetten in half a year if they quit striving to adapt their work and push their firm to be interesting and effective.

Dec 13, 15 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

roughly 24-26k depending, like most places.

Dec 14, 15 3:07 am  · 
 · 
chemionix1

Approx 24k would be the start. Then too go with your instincts. All the best.

Dec 14, 15 5:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: