Archinect
anchor

Dwgor PDf into Photoshop

ih1542006

I would like to imort a dwg or pdf into photoshop so I can add color
Whats the easiest way to do this? If I can do it with pdf then I'll be able to keep my sheet exactly like the original except with color

I wanted to try this as opposed to hand coloring some elevations

Jan 12, 09 4:57 pm
Antisthenes

from dwg, print EPS(postscript printer) PDF, TIFF, JPG, or PDF (pdf printer)

drag drop into photoshop
or
place into PS

use selection tools and color

Jan 12, 09 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
A.R.Ch

i would recommend importing them into illustrator, as photoshop will rasterize your dwg, while illustrator treats it as a vector graphic, preserving the quality of the file.

Jan 12, 09 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

the only problem i have with using vector lines in illustrator is that when opened in acrobat, acrobat screws up all the line weights and makes them with the same thickness. is there a way to change this without rasterizing the lines?

Jan 13, 09 12:53 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

placeing of the PDF will not rasterize in Photoshop

Jan 13, 09 11:34 am  · 
 · 
ih1542006

Can I just import a pdf drawing into PS and add color? I tried it and it doesn't seem that simple

Jan 18, 09 10:42 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

Which version of photoshop are you using? if its quite old- it wont be as intelligent about the pdf....

Jan 18, 09 11:05 am  · 
 · 
ih1542006

Version 7

Jan 18, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

In that case i would recommend using illustrator in this case- should be fine if you save as pdf from ill- but not sure what you need to open it in acrobat for? maybe you can workround that?

Jan 18, 09 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

or indesign

Jan 19, 09 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: