Archinect
anchor

Architecture Photography | Good Lens?

thenewintern

hey everyone, I will be visiting Istanbul n few months for my thesis. I have a Canon t2i (550D) with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (kit lens) and a "nifty fifty"  EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.

My Prime lens won't be much of a help considering I have a crop sensor camera. It doesn't capture as much. I like the kit lens but I am looking to get a better lens. In your opinion what is a good economical lens that could work good for documenting my site and all the monuments?

Appreciate your help!

Sep 21, 13 7:51 pm
bowling_ball

Your 18-55 should do you just fine for most architecture/ cityscapes. You might want to think about a zoom in the 200mm range id you want to capture stuff from a distance, otherwise your kit lens isn't half bad for 80% of whay you'll likely do.

Sep 22, 13 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

be careful.. don't go wandering off alone to photograph some abandoned ruin with your thousand dollar camera gear ;)

Sep 22, 13 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: