Archinect
anchor

OLE object plot issues in acad

crgixxer

I'm having plotting issues with an excel worksheet that I have inserted onto a sheet.

I've originally done a site data table in excel, then dragged and dropped the file onto a sheet layout. now that the basic form is there, I modify the worksheet in acad. I never go back to the original file, nor do I need the original file updated. (the properties palette shows it as embedded)

My problem is that every time I try to plot as a pdf, the preview looks fine, but when the pdf is created, the table is not plotted. (It is already on a layer that plots).

The first time this happened, I fixed it by changing the OLE quality form high graphics to monochrome. the second time, the fix was using another pdf .pc3's that is available to me. the third time this happened, I opened the worksheet in acad, saved a copy to my desktop, and reinserted into model space, then used a mv to get it onto the sheet. The fourth time, nothing worked

I don't have this issue if I send it to a physical plotter.

acad help only tells me "NoteNested OLE objects may cause problems. For example, an Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document may fail to plot. Also, an OLE object that is not in the current view plane is not plotted, but the frame is plotted based on the setting of the OLEFRAME system variable."

any advice?

Jul 9, 08 3:46 pm
poncedeleonel

warning: this post will not be helpful.

ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

OLE=devil

Jul 9, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

or

Jul 9, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I've never had any luck dealing with OLE objects in AutoCAD, especially Excel spreadsheets or multi-page Word documents.

However, there's a way to set up a table within AutoCAD and link it to an Excel file so that the data is updated, sort of like an Xref. The process for doing so is a little too involved than what I can describe here, and getting the formatting right takes some trial-and-error, but I've found it to be a useful tool. Have fun.

Jul 9, 08 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

LINK IT FIRST:

GO TO TOOLS - DATA LINK MANAGER
CREATE A NEW EXCEL DATA LINK
NAME IT
BROWSE FOR THE EXCEL FILE
HIT OPEN
WAIT
HIT OK

THEN INSERT IT:

TYPE TABLE
SELECT FROM A DATA LINK. PULL DOWN AND SELECT THE FILE YOU JUST NAMED.
HIT OK.
HERE IT COMES.

Jul 9, 08 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
muhammadnuraliffsaji

I am having problem when plotting the ole object in autocad too. only my problem is when preview it fine, what plotting it moved out from the origin position. at first i thought maybe because i paste on the layout directly after copy. and then i delete and paste on model too, after setting, move back to layout to print. and again it seem fine when preview. but when print it happen again. the ole object move on it self. the only thing i can do now is to plot on pdf. then plot from that pdf file. please help is somebody have the same problem.

Jul 14, 16 1:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: