Archinect
anchor

Imaging software for trying look of colors,textures

May 2 '13 5 Last Comment
homebuyer
May 2, 13 11:15 am

I am looking for software preferably (open source and free) which allows me to : take a house image and apply different colors and brick or stone combinations. The idea to start is simple, if I have image of a particular house, I would like to apply different brick color or trim color and see how it looks in that particular "skin". Is there any such software. I am trying with GIMP , but getting what I would like to have. It is sort of a "skinning" software that will alow me to clothe a particular elevation in different color and texture combinations.

Please let me know 

design
May 2, 13 9:36 pm

hire an architect that knows the software.

toasteroven
May 3, 13 9:44 am

or you could hire a high school kid who knows how to use photoshop.  they're much cheaper.

arronlee
Oct 23, 13 4:23 am

I am selecting the related Imaging software, too. Have you found a way out? I don't think the free ones online have so many professional functions as the paid ones. Right?

curtkram
Oct 23, 13 7:46 am

looks to me like the product you're endorsing has nothing to do with what they were talking about here.  what does yiigo do, and how do you think that would be better than gimp or photoshop?

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Oct 23, 13 9:12 am

Take a picture of your house.  Print it.  Lay some white tracing paper over top.  Draw brick, draw wood, draw stone.

If you're not good at drawing, hire someone who is.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading