Archinect
anchor

Daisy House by Stanley Tigerman

danielmunteanu

Hi people.
I am in desperate need for a floor plan picture of the famous Daisy House designed by po-mo architect Stanley Tigerman. You know, that floor plan, clearly resembling the image of an ejaculating penis!
Tx a lot.

Jan 28, 08 5:18 am
holz.box
here?

can be found in this GA houses

Jan 28, 08 5:46 am  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

could someone please upload a scan or a picture of this floorplan? tx

Jan 28, 08 6:48 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

did you not click on holz's link? There's a floorplan on that page.

Jan 28, 08 9:01 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

dude - why do i have to see this first thing Mon morning - please, go Tigerman worship privately

Jan 28, 08 9:08 am  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

@ evil: it's not at all about worshipping tigerman and his bad taste architecture. daisy house is a moment in the history of postmodern architecture, not a great moment, but still an important one. i'm planning to use this image in an essay on iconography.
@ holz & fog - i've checked again those links, but still i cannot find any floorplan image.

Jan 28, 08 9:50 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

there is quite clearly a floor plan image in the top right corner of holz first link........

Jan 28, 08 10:02 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

call his office, 312-644-5880 and ask em for it.

Jan 28, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

just stroke him a little, he likes that

Jan 28, 08 10:24 am  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

i've checked again the google books page - absolutely no image. either the page is displayed incorrectly on my computer, either i am 100% dumb.
i wrote an e-mail to tigerman's office, maybe i'll have more luck.
but in the meantime, please, if someone has this image, please upload it here, i'll be really grateful.
after all, it's a quite known image of a floor plan from the 70's, no copyright issues probably.

Jan 28, 08 10:25 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Maybe I'm blind, too, but there's no floorplan in holz.box's link.

Jan 28, 08 11:41 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

I see it.

Jan 28, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
xacto

i see it too. make sure your looking at page 83.

Jan 28, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

here is a picture from a party at Daisy's house

Jan 28, 08 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Vince Vulgar

The Vince rocked Daisy's world.

Jan 28, 08 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Jan 28, 08 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Who the hell wears a teeshirt into a hot tub? Must be a bunch of young Republicans.

Jan 28, 08 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

WTF?

HOW does one get to page 83? The page I'm looking at just gives the publishing details of a book by Jencks. The house isn't referenced at all, and there's no links to any pages, nor any way of finding one's way to any such page.

Could it be because I'm not in the US? Is google blocking me or something?

I mean, I don't even care about this building... now I just need to know what's going on with google.

Jan 28, 08 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

For goodness sakes. Here:

Took like 3 mins.

Jan 28, 08 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

And this is from Google book's FAQ:

"How do you determine if a book is in the public domain and therefore out of copyright?

For users in the U.S., Google Book Search currently treats all books published after 1922 as protected by copyright, except for books to which no copyright was ever attached, such as books authored by the U.S. government. For users outside the U.S., we make determinations based on appropriate local law. As with all of our decisions related to the Google Book Search content, we're conservative in our reading of both copyright law and the known facts surrounding a particular book. If we don't know for sure, you'll see the Snippet View which, like a card catalog, shows you information about the book plus a few snippets – a few sentences of your search term in context.

Where is that Try Google guy?

Jan 28, 08 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

here it is in section....

Jan 28, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

thanks a lot guys!

Jan 31, 08 4:38 am  · 
 · 
randomized

and here's an analysis

Jan 31, 08 5:37 am  · 
 · 

i can't see the link either. just some content-less data.

seems only works in us of a.

Jan 31, 08 7:09 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

how'd vado find a section? i can't see anything. does anybody have any axonometrics? or perspectives?

Jan 31, 08 7:25 am  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie
Jan 31, 08 8:22 am  · 
 · 
davvid

Apparently at some point between 2007 and 2013, Tigerman's Daisy house was deflowered. 

Oct 10, 15 12:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: