Archinect
anchor

fun with diagrams, indexing, and mapping

Jan 31, 10 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
Feb 1, 10 9:47 am  · 
 · 

This is pretty cool: pulse of the nation: US mood inferred from twitter.

Jul 22, 10 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

yes, really cool map. It's been making the twitter rounds all mourning :)

Jul 22, 10 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
StarvingDesigner
Felton

does some nice information graphics work that is analytical and not just representational:

Jul 23, 10 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
This is pretty

, though I swear I hear the polar ice caps melting as I watch.

Aug 31, 10 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

*bump*
writing a book review that made me think of this thread.

Jan 15, 11 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
The United States of Shame

Don't try building a green house in Indiana!

Jan 24, 11 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

Jan 25, 11 9:48 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

bahhahaah.

Jan 25, 11 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

This is a useful thread.

Jan 25, 11 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Points + Lines: Diagrams and Projects for the City

this is one of the comments on amazon.com
"This book contains some of the more useful thoughts published on diagrams to date. Although many architects frequently refer to diagrams as a methodology, Stan Allen has made them one of the focal points of his work. This book and his lectures often excite controversy over the way in which architects use diagrams. Diagrams have a kind of potential energy which can be interpreted in a number of ways to generate a piece of architecture. The book Points + Lines introduces ideas with which every student should be familiar and which each architect should address. Stan Allen makes a refreshingly clear delivery of his ideas in a contemporary architecture culture of overcomplication, vacant formalism, and thoughtless commercial production. We can only hope that the author's relatively young age will privelege us with the production of more written work. "

Jan 27, 11 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Jorinde Voigt

via pruned

Mar 9, 11 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Those are beautiful, barry.

Also, tagalong, I don't know how I missed your flow chart but it's awesome!

Mar 9, 11 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

funny i thought this was a new thread and immediately thought of the Minard's diagram of Napoleon's advance and retreat from Moscow. and there it was.

Mar 9, 11 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

2nd most famous 'map' - John Snow's cholera epidemic map

Mar 9, 11 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

*bump*

my students are about to begin a systems mapping project.

image: RED PLANET: HELEN REYNOLDS, see also: www.helenreynolds.co.nz/

Oct 4, 11 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

A short description about a course at the KSA called "Diagrammatic" and an essay about the misinterpretation of datascapes in architectural discourse entitled "It's probably not a datascape." Posted here:

http://archinect.com/blog/article/21453950/015-it-s-probably-not-a-datascape

Oct 4, 11 6:02 pm  · 
 · 

-bump-

it's that time of the academic quarter when I'm revisiting my project instructions for the next term and so worth dragging this thread out of the attic.

Dec 16, 11 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

no one wants to claim the lower half of flo-rida?

Dec 16, 11 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

that's new cuba.

Dec 16, 11 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Page one of this thread refers to Michael Sorkin, who sadly died due to Covid in spring. Here is a graph charting excess deaths this year compared to the previous five years.

Dec 20, 20 8:02 am  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

Here:

Dec 20, 20 8:03 am  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

There was this idea that other deaths were seeing a marked decline, or those deaths were being reclassified as covid. The information is coming out to put that nonsense to rest, finally.

Dec 20, 20 9:17 am  · 
 · 
midlander

if only proving people wrong with factual information was sufficient to change minds...

Dec 20, 20 9:38 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: