Archinect
anchor

Internship as a designer in Denmark

Feb 26 '13 1 Last Comment
emma.m
Feb 26, 13 10:29 am

Hello everybody. I know this forum is mostly focused on architecture but maybe you can give me some ideas about my situation.

I am a designer with an MA in Product Design and 3 years of experience in the field. I have been offered an internship in a great design studio in Copenhagen, Denmark. 40 hours/week of work, for two months, and various tasks.

The studio has asked me to make a proposal about a fee, defined as 'reimbursement of cost'. I saw that internships are usually very poor payed in Denmark (around 3000 - 5000 kr/month), but considering the following:

- as mentioned, I have already completed my education with a MA
- I have 4 years of experience in the field, so I don't exactly need a baby-sitter at work
- my transportation costs will be around 2000 kr/month

I was considering about asking something around 10,000-15,000 kr/month (before taxes)

any ideas about this?

Thanks a lot!

Christopher RileyChristopher Riley
Mar 18, 13 4:45 pm

I think the going rate for design interns anywhere here in Copenhagen is 5000kr/month. I haven't heard of anyone making any more than that (as an intern at least). 

Why do you figure your transportation costs will be that high? I live in Bispebjerg and my transportation pass is 900kr every 2.5 months. 

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading