Archinect
anchor

Portfolio help - website / online booklet suggestions

bugaluu

I'm in the process of making my portfolio and I'm torn between the options. I've decided to go the double sided way as the pages flow better and I know this can be easily uploaded to issuu.com. But having a website looks more professional and unlike issuu most of the website templates are in the form of a list of one sided pages.

I would apreciate some good website template suggestions! as i'm really hoping it won't be neccesary to learn to code my own :D

Dec 12, 12 4:21 pm

Templates are nice but as a designer I found the only way to be truly satisfied is to learn to code it yourself or.... have a close friend do it for you, one that is willing to put up with all the nit-picking details.

Unless your portfolio is complete I would invest most of my time into designing/laying it out instead of worrying about website templates. 

I'm not a professional so I don't really know what potential employers prefer but seeing as most ask for a pdf of work samples I think it's safe to say that is the preferred method of submitting a portfolio. Websites are nice but usually only if you have the time to invest in them. 

My two cents... 

Dec 12, 12 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

design a pdf portfolio first, then transfer the files into a website.  Kill two birds with one stone.  Eventually, most employers will want to see a hardcopy during the interview

Dec 12, 12 6:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: