Archinect
anchor

snapCA software (finally) launching

Ok - I've posted about this little software experiment before, but 6 months, 4 days, and 17 hours later, we're finally heading down to NOLA to the AIA Convention to do a soft launch. 

Beyond saying that the product is a tool to help make communications and project management during construction much more productive, I'll skip the sales pitch and just say that we'd like to invite any of you who want to use it, please feel free to sign up (email only right now) at snapca.com. We're going to give it away for the next six months because we just want people to use it on real projects. We'll be making adjustments, upgrades and add in features along the way, but we're very happy about the core product. And, if you want to sign up other members of a project team, feel free to go ahead.

Right now, we're literally going to follow up personally on each request and roll this out slowly (meaning, we're controlling how many people can sign up in the early going). Our initial limit is going to be capped around 500. It just gets too difficult to manage after that. (yes, there's just two of us working on this. Hopefully, if the reaction is good enough, we'll be able to hire a couple full time people to help out.)

I'll be happy to answer questions here or on our help site, but don't want to spiel too much more. As I've documented in other posts, it's been an incredibly eye opening experience for me - met amazing people, learned more about code than I ever cared to, and realize there's a whole other highly capitalized world that desperately needs stronger design input. And we're not done yet.

Thanks for the indulgence - 

(and yes, we've contacted Paul about advertising on here - fully plan to do our part.  We just never knew when we'd be finished...). 

May 11, 11 4:17 pm
Rusty!

congrats Greg on being finished (with this part at least)!

All the best!

May 11, 11 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
timothysadler®

Awesome.  I'm on your list, looking forward to taking a look.

May 11, 11 6:57 pm  · 
 · 

Tim, yes you are. Look for some action soon. Thanks -

May 11, 11 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: