Archinect
anchor

Architecture in 10 years....

usk2

architecture in 10 years... life scene on earth in 10 years

Architecture reverberates with changes in society, but is driven by streets profile. All that streets have the same structure as those of thousands of years ago, when pedestrians and transportation could coexist. Vehicles of today and tomorrow need high-speed routes, while walkers need quiet itineraries.

Roadway must be detached from sidewalk, like urban railways. Thereby architecture & urbanism will deconstruct the street corridor. 

I saw that future something like this: 

http://www.oneata.eu/renderings/complex-polifunctional-pantelimon-lake/2/6/

Jul 27, 12 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

It won't change much.  For their to be any meaningful change construction will have to change.  That ain't happening.  Construction is still mostly physical labor, very little (if any) "science" or "math" behind it.

Those saying that there will be more programming...I think that's wishful thinking coming from those that like to/can program. 

The only benefit I see to programming is letting people have access to plans and such, which they already do. 

Until construction changes (not in my lifetime), it won't matter if you can hack into the Pentagon or launch a satellite!

Overall, I see the profession declining steadily.  There will be more access to "customizing" existing designs, thereby minimizing time required for design, permits and construction.  That bodes well for all investors, which are the ones making the decisions (NOT the architects!).

So, I take that back a little, programming might be more helpful as a way to minimize need for any architects.  Again, you don't need a licensed architect to have anything to do with that process, thereby further decreasing the need for Architects.  Designers, yes, licensed architects, no.

Jul 29, 12 9:00 am  · 
 · 
babs

(post deleted by author)

Jul 29, 12 10:37 am  · 
 · 
babs

Opps - wrong thread - sorry.

Jul 29, 12 10:38 am  · 
 · 
zonker

Also - being a programmer - you can work in architecture and you can also work in other fields such as UX design - if anything,  you can maintain wall to wall employment

Jul 29, 12 4:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: