Archinect
anchor

Most futuristic firms

Jun 19 '12 10 Last Comment
piero1910
Jun 19, 12 8:26 pm

I just want to know which firms that you think have the most futuristic buildings. In my opinion, I think that Zaha Hadid, UN Studio, and Daniel Libeskind. But I don't know I'm probably wrong. So, I want to know your opinion about it. 

metal
Jun 19, 12 9:32 pm

the most futuristic firms have no buildings, they don't even have formal firms. All they have is a growing body of research.

EKE
Jun 20, 12 9:00 am

Eventually, architecture firms will no longer actually build buildings. They will just think about them.

curtkram
Jun 20, 12 10:38 am

how about kb homes?  aren't they kind of the future of architecture?

miesian
Jun 20, 12 11:56 am

Antonio Sant'Elia

Rusty!
Jun 20, 12 12:23 pm

Hi Piero1910! Been a while since the last time you tormented us with AWESOME questions like this. Now, since we all know you are time traveller and a space cadet, which year are you asking from? 1910? If so brace yourself for a craaaazy architectural ride! Mostly watch out for that Hitler dude.

metal
Jun 20, 12 1:23 pm

Zaha, Libeskind, and UN studio are futuristic by 1910 standards.

whoah EKE that is far out. architects will just think about buildings and boom they will materialize.

piero1910
Jun 20, 12 5:25 pm

Sorry nerds. That is why I said that maybe my question is wrong. What I wanted to ask was that which architectural firms tend to have more futuristic architectural style in their designs.   But, it is hard ask a question here because people on this website believe that you know everything as they do. In short, being arrogant. 

Xenakis
Jun 20, 12 5:29 pm

a local San Francisco firm doing some interesting parametric driven stuff

http://www.oparch.net/projects/main.php

garethcooper9
Jun 29, 12 7:28 am

I really like the Double Bar House of Ogrydziak/Prillinger Architects. Interesting concept.

niro
Jun 30, 12 2:18 pm

i guess the question is how do you define futuristic...

are you referring the sci-fi movies you see and are actually built in the real world?

why do you think Zaha Hadid, UN Studio, and Daniel Libeskind stuff are futuristic?

in most general public's eyes, their work leans more towards strange and alien.

futuristic architecture to me means it actually change the way people live or function that is quite different then before.  (i.e. high rise towers back in the 1900's changed how people worked or lived. Or buildings in the 1970's and recently that obtain energy through solar, wind etc.)

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading