Archinect
anchor

do i have a good chance of getting into Cornell?

swisscardlite

hi,
I am an incoming junior. Cornell has always been my top choice in the architecture school that i've always wanted. The primary reason to this particular choosing is because of the more artistic/theory based curriculum that I am more interested in. I've always wondered what my chances of getting into the school is. here are my stats

GPA: 3.66 UW/ 4.3 W (projected to go higher next year)
SAT: 1350 or 1900 (New SAT) projected
I've been playing the piano for 9 years, midnight blue belt in karate, art lessons + portfolio, been to Panama for mission trip, going to china next week to teach english (leadership skills), active in church.
My courses in school are quite competitive although i would say not the most. I have 2 AP courses next years.
I plan to attend the Cornell Summer Program next summer
I have attended several workshops in Taliesen West (sp?)
I have interned in an architecture firm before.

what are my chances? And for those who attended Cornell, how is the school? thanks

Jul 5, 04 4:28 am
DJ

Cornell is cold (people and weather)

Jul 5, 04 11:24 am  · 
 · 
prairieant

hi justin_hui,
your stats seem fine--don't worry so much about them. i went to cornell and had lower standardized test scores,etc than the ones you projected. in the end, your portfolio is very important, so you should more time on it. also cornell requires an interview which is also kind of important (don't know if this is still the case). the cornell summer program is certainly helpful and will give you a glimpse of what the school is like, but simply being a participant won't necessarily help your chances of getting in. good luck.

Jul 5, 04 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Cornell only accepts full fledged ninjas, sorry man

Jul 6, 04 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
DJ

and spits out full fledged chipatamas

Jul 6, 04 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
bbrk

*sigh* cornell... i got my ass in... and i'll tell you, i was no justin_hui... and will never be a justin_hui... hahaha... summer program will help you a lot. i mean, in getting in...

Jul 8, 04 12:40 am  · 
 · 
bbrk

wait... i didn't do the summer program there. but i still got in... so... i dunno... whatever... and apprently the kiddies that do summer at cornell don't come out of it drooling over cornell... so i dunno... it's more complicated than just that... ooga booga... good luck

Jul 8, 04 12:42 am  · 
 · 
redchairs

no

Jul 8, 04 12:53 am  · 
 · 
CREAM

yeah exactly!!!!

Jul 8, 04 1:10 am  · 
 · 
geezopeez

go to cornell only if you want to work with non perturbative quantum gravity, loops, and spin foams. everything else there is meaningless...

Jul 8, 04 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
shreyaraju

Is The Cornell Summer Program that necessary?

And what sorts of art works do that want to see in our portfolios?

Dec 3, 16 2:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: