Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

archiwutm8

Shuellmi there is but most are designer.

Feb 23, 16 9:47 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

https://i.imgur.com/06ew5zN.png Look at this window placement.

Feb 23, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

perfect - Thanks!

Feb 23, 16 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Not sure what you’re after, but I ran across this a while back, haven't bought anything yet. Have bought a great deal from Rejuvenation, lighting & hardware, solid stuff & company.

http://www.barnlightelectric.com/

Feb 23, 16 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

Welcome back Carrera.

Feb 23, 16 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

Shuellmi, also try looking at the cooper lighting family of products.

Feb 23, 16 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

^^ been working at hiding, it's not going well.

Feb 23, 16 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Hiding... no. Doesn't work very well.

Feb 23, 16 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Finally got a call back from my lighting consultant - they suggested Feiss, Alva, and LBL.  

Thanks for the great products though.  Those links fit the bill perfectly as some of the other manf. are really only supplying exposed bulb fixtures, and I have to trust our clients imagination for the "edison bulb" portion.

Feb 24, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Thought I'd post this here rather than in the 'delayed or held back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment' codes thread and derail it further.

I find it hilarious that some (not necessarily those in the thread) advocate that licensing should be opened up a bit more because there are codes and laws in place to protect HSW ... yet in the thread some (not necessarily the same as above) are railing on the codes, laws, and those employed to enforce them when they don't like the codes, laws, or those employed to enforce them. 

That is all ... back to work now.

Feb 25, 16 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

Everyday Intern, thank you for that considerate retitling of that horrible thread. 

Just got back from 3 days in Detroit for AIA Grassroots. Had a fantastic time catching up with old friends and talking with emerging professionals and seeing Detroit again. I miss Detroit. It's such an incredible city. I also got to eat at the legendary Slows Barbecue and it was absolutely deserving of its legendary status!

Sigh. I miss the grit of a real city.

Feb 25, 16 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

the entire neighborhood around slows is very dynamic,  I hope you had the chance to explore a bit.

Feb 25, 16 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Oh, shit.

My body is failing me again, this time it's a fucking cold. Fuck. I hate how some colds can feel like the flu.

Fuck.

Feb 27, 16 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Oh. Anyone in MSP want to partner up? I've been getting work - can't really characterize as a lot, but by the end of the year, too much - and I'm looking to get with other creatives, with their own work/clients, and perhaps start a creative co-working/collaborative space.

That's the broad strokes.

Hit me up.

Feb 27, 16 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

beta i found good peoples on achinect via forum thread and they are nearly across the country from me......but thats not what you are looking for but an artist and i are looking at Detroit .....

Feb 27, 16 9:23 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta, I am a little tad outside your area scope but I may be willing to partner or collaborate but that's something to discuss privately.

Feb 27, 16 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

B3TA/BALKINS STUDIO

Make a great reality show.

Feb 28, 16 10:21 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah, no.

Feb 28, 16 10:24 am  · 
 · 

I'd pay to see that.

Feb 28, 16 10:25 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

can i open a vein first?

Feb 28, 16 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

beta, I don't know about MSP, but there are plenty of professionals in the Chicago/ MKE area that are looking for freelance work.

Feb 28, 16 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta,

I just offer partnership or collaborating with you. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. 

I'm don't care about the forum drama crap. 

Feb 28, 16 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

b3....i work for free...and yes I'm and Architect!  Always up for a challenge.  I don't poche any more in the morning than I can erase in an afternoon.

Feb 28, 16 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

I have four freelance jobs right now, super busy all the time. And all I want to do is drink bourbon and watch the Oscars red carpet shows! Not the Oscars themselves, they bore me, especially this year. But the dresses, the dresses!!!

Feb 28, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i just want to drink and ramble on....but never been doing better.

Feb 28, 16 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Donna, Chris Rock is killin' it.  

Watched SNL last night, so now you understand the skit of one of my favorite new comedians on SNL

Feb 28, 16 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Lezdog is the funniest person in the bizness.

Feb 28, 16 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Marcel's 1950 Lauck House is up for grabs at $1.6 Mil...any takers?

Feb 28, 16 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

To act as a barricade against the Oscars dresses I'm listening to PJ Harvey while drafting. It works. Rrrrrrriot grrrrrrl.

Feb 28, 16 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
I'm on the east coast. I need some talented professionals to bring in on projects-don't mind working w remote people-so send those Chicago people my way.
Feb 28, 16 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

Anybody else had more than their fill of Rick-OR? He reminds me of tammuz, poisoning every thread he touches. Maybe we should all just ignore him? Boycott the threads where he posts? It's not just here, the guy is a virtual plague of Internet forums from computers and law to engineering and architecture. Management doesn't seem to care. 

Feb 29, 16 9:48 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't really understand how you could not ignore him.  sometimes he has a one or two line post i read, but typically i get pretty frustrated after the first line and just skip over the rest.  it has to take a lot of patience to read what he writes, especially since there typically isn't any content.

Feb 29, 16 9:52 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, I pretty much skip over everything he posts. But when other people respond to him I will respond to that.

For those of you avoiding the thread due to Yeehaw-dist gun attitudes, I just posted there a link to an NPR interview with Fritz Steiner, leaving UT to become dean at UPenn. He's well-spoken.

Feb 29, 16 10:05 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

it has seriously curtailed my participation and interest in these forums, miles.

Feb 29, 16 10:05 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

gruen, I freelance. I sent you an email...

Feb 29, 16 10:27 am  · 
 · 

I never read more than two lines into his posts, and when he manages to suck the oxygen out of an entire thread (which is more often than not), I generally avoid the thread altogether. He makes it nearly impossible to have a real conversation.

Feb 29, 16 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
You don't need to read past two lines, because the remainder of the post is a fucking dissertation on those first two sentences.

#archinect140wordsorless
Feb 29, 16 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's NHL trade deadline and nothing is happening... that's enough of a distraction to avoid explaining to Dick Balkins why the Queen is not riding in on a flying unicorn for his cap-gun collection.

Happy monday!

Feb 29, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

Call him El Rickerino, he's not into the whole brevity thing.

Feb 29, 16 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

Non Sequitur,

Of course the Queen isn't.

However, I am not trusting the government for my welfare to give up my rights to bear arms and keep arms. 

The government killed JFK. 

Feb 29, 16 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

*sigh*

Give it up El Rickerino.

Feb 29, 16 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

Rick, you've ruined Archinect for some and are well on the way to ruining it for more. Mission accomplished!

Now please move on to somewhere else - somewhere new - anywhere else - where you can  demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge, experience, wisdom, and social grace to a new bunch of people who aren't sick to death of you (yet).

Maybe a psychology forum.

Feb 29, 16 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

face it people, it's no coinkydink...

Feb 29, 16 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

he's never gonna give us up...

Feb 29, 16 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Nothing like a tucked-in denim shirt with matching denim jeans.

Feb 29, 16 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you know that's how Balkin's rolls.

Feb 29, 16 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

*sigh*

Give it up El Rickerino.

WARNING: This message contains written content that maybe too graphical for those with a very visual mind who may have a weak stomach so be sure you do not have a full stomach when reading.

Bush Sr. was part of the CIA at the time and was in the vicinity at the time. I'm literally talking about a immediate neighboring town. He didn't do the shooting himself  but it is probable that he was involved in the operation. The fatal shot hit the frontal part of the skull along the right frontal lobe where the entrance wound is as that is where the majority of lead trace is and also is the smaller whole where the back part of the skull was blown out. You can NOT possibly cause that kind of wound from the angle of shot from the repository. The film even they show, shows the movement of the head with the impact. The gunman that did do that shot was later erased and buried in an unmarked grave in a foreign country.

If you ever hunted deers, elks, and other animals, you'd know how even a human skull would biomechanically react to an applied force and how bullets enter and exit. Also take note of the spray. The biggest spray blow out of a would in the skull is going to going to be on the exiting end. 

The kinetic force of a bullet is like a baseball bat hitting a person at very fast velocity aside from the fact that the bullet will penetrate the skull and blow out the skull with the type of bullets that would be used from a high power rifle.

That will probably gross you out....just make sure you don't have too much of a lunch. 

Why do you think this stuff was Presidentially sealed by Bush Sr.

Feb 29, 16 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Double *sigh*

Feb 29, 16 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: