Archinect
anchor

christian architects

crowbert

Per, your 12/26/07 10:13 comment was, in this context, hilarious.

I think perhaps the reason you don't see many architects in church is because we are too damn busy. I also think that people who see themselves as a [proselytizing] christian first and an anything else second is going to have a hard time in this business because:
• they both have to firmly espouse their beliefs about how a building should be constructed (which is tiring enough) and then on top of that, their church's (temple, whatever) worldview.
and
• Have to learn how to back down while saving face. But if you happen to believe that your way is the only way, and your church is infallible, then how can you back down?

I think there are a lot of devout architects who keep quiet about their faith because its none of ours (or anyone else's) frakking business. And that's part of being an american is not judging other's by the church they go to but rather by their actions, as someone wisely put it on the last page.

Merry Friggin' Xmas 'nectors!

Dec 27, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"they both have to firmly espouse their beliefs about how a building should be constructed (which is tiring enough) and then on top of that, their church's (temple, whatever) worldview."

Exactly , and there the best architect is the one who produce the obvious new, beautifull any way, and newer seen before right ? I mean appriciation is good, but anyone know the joke about the guy who finaly suffered, even twice god send first a row boat, next time a helicopter .

Yet this is the way the world work, kraysi you know ! But not without promises. but then who other than cristian architects make a difference today ? I mean quality not mass, relevant or joke.

Dec 28, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Rebuild The Twin Towers!

Dec 28, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

3dh baby jesus shaped twin towers!

Dec 28, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
brianlapham

Looking for other Christian architects?  Check out http://www.acaconnect.org/

May 31, 17 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Jesus is a myth.

May 31, 17 10:24 am  · 
citizen

Thanks for posting the link, Brian.

May 31, 17 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

The guy that designed the Noah's Ark replica is pretty devout. I forget the name of the firm though - all I remember is that they also did a horrible circular building that you see passing Merrillville on I-65.

I'm also non-religious, but for some reason really love church architecture.

May 31, 17 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

My mom gave me a bible to read when I was ten. I got about 1/3 of the way through it and it was enough to convince me not to be a Christian.

You didn't even get to the Christ part.

May 31, 17 3:42 pm  · 
1  · 
Wilma Buttfit

I like to read the Bible in Latin to practice Latin. But that's all. 

May 31, 17 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
AdrianFGA

I'm also non-religious, but for some reason really love church architecture

What do you think of this church "Herz Jesu Kirche", Munich, Germany

here here and here

May 31, 17 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

I like it quite a bit. Had a tour with the architect when I was in Munich back in 2010.

May 31, 17 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
GloriaMonet1

It doesn't matter what your religion is as long as you focus on polishing your craft.

Jun 1, 17 1:13 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: