Archinect
anchor

Danish architecture, landscape architecture & art practices?

Heather Ring

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about what's happening in Danish design at the moment? I'd love to know of interesting architecture, landscape architecture and art practices happening in Copenhagen and the rest of Denmark.

Very much appreciated!

Heather

Dec 5, 11 4:26 am

Hi Heather, I'm gonna connect you to some folks that can help off line...

-B

Dec 5, 11 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

Hi Heather, I would be happy to elaborate on any of these topics. The most important fact to know however is that all reaches of design are integrated SO well in Copenhagen and throughout the countryside...they have been for generations. Of course everyone knows about Bjarke Ingels by now (and he helps paint a picture on Danish culture pretty well if you watch any of his presentations), but there are countless underrated professionals that are also truly avant garde. I have great respect for Lungaard & Tranberg. Their SEB headquarters, in my mind, is a masterpiece of landscape/urban design and architecture. Infrastructure is key in Denmark and a lot of public money goes into it. Look at some of the work by ADEPT. The new Norreport Station in CPH is going to make many headlines. In terms of art, there is ample funding for citizens as well as foreigners via the Danish Arts Council for residencies and exhibitions. Copenhagen X is my "go to" resource. That is a lot to take in :) Skaal!

Dec 7, 11 11:09 am  · 
 · 
winsordanielle

:)

Dec 9, 11 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Thanks so much Dustin - you've given me a lot to explore!

Dec 12, 11 4:51 am  · 
 · 

also check out henning larsen and schmidt hammer larsen...

Dec 12, 11 9:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: