Archinect
anchor

PRITZKER 2012

Too soon?

My money's on Wang Shu.

Nov 6, 11 7:18 am
k p mcclellan

Never too soon. I say Holl. Been a while for an American, he has done some very impressive work as of late and surely can be justified with his career production.

Nov 6, 11 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
edgararq

Toyo Ito

Nov 6, 11 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
k p mcclellan

Ok, Ito too ...

Nov 6, 11 5:18 pm  · 
 · 

i call holl every year. if he doesn't get it this year, somebody flat doesn't like him.

Nov 6, 11 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

i call holl every year. if he doesn't get it this year, somebody flat doesn't like him.

Nov 6, 11 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Lackey

Oooh... I like Holl.  Ito is of course equally deserving, and since he's a bit older as well I think it could be him this year.

Nov 6, 11 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
tmly

Holl, due to the fact that he's been around so long, so influential in theory and has done many buildings in China (this year location). Yet I think if a person to be more deserved it should be Toyo Ito. Although, his protege Sejima has won the prize recently. 

Nov 6, 11 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

Holl has got to be due.  He's got an impressive body of international work and he likes science, yo!

Nov 7, 11 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
edgararq

Toyo Ito this year since this is star architect year 

Mario Botta next year 

Nov 7, 11 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
PandaK1ng

David Chipperfield

Nov 10, 11 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

Nader Tehrani?

Nov 10, 11 9:29 pm  · 
 · 

evan - indeed. i'll send you a stuffed chik-fil-a cow since it's about all we have lying around the studio.

really interesting choice - fits, i suppose, in the vein of picking an lesser known (in the western press) master from a developing surging country (mendes de-rocha; fehn (at the time)....

Feb 27, 12 11:48 am  · 
 · 

I think it's an excellent choice- it reflects the both the continued economic growth of china through the recession, and continues the trend of pritzker picks who are sensitive to local culture and have a keen sense of materiality.... Holl's work in China is good - but it has absolutely nothing to do with local context....

Feb 27, 12 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

You win nothing because you obviously cheated.

Can we get a steroids test, yo?

Feb 27, 12 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Holl should get it!  The Nelson Atkins is great!

Feb 27, 12 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

Wow. The Pritzker committee has gone Full Nobel. That's a shame.

Feb 28, 12 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
design

what does that mean gwharton?

Feb 28, 12 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: