Archinect
anchor

Good firms in central NJ

chaglang

There may be a move to NJ in my near future, and I don't know very much about the architecture scene down there. Does anyone have any suggestions of firms to check out, either for employment or for just being cool?

Sep 16, 05 4:40 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

central jersey? two that i know of - and 3 when my sorry as gets his license...

james watt - office in asbury park and nyc
brian healy - long beach island and boston i think

Sep 16, 05 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
fordified

Can't vouch for how exciting it is, but KSS has a decent rep, in Princeton.

Sep 16, 05 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
SeanNOLA

I'm in central Jersey, and I work for an AMAZING firm called WESKetch. The principle (Bill) is the greatest boss you could ever ask for!

www.wesketch.com

Sep 17, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Morristown and Princeton are really not central jersey...at least not what i would consider and neither is LBI...

Sep 17, 05 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
chaglang

Hmmm, cuz that's exactly where I'd be moving to. What is that, South Central NJ?

Anyway, thanks for the leads. A commute into NYC and Philly seems too far (and I think Philly's a shithole anyway), so I wasn't sure where to start.

Sep 17, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

which one??

Sep 17, 05 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
BluLiteSpcl6321

Princeton is the epitome of central jersey, along with trenton being directly the midpoint of the state. The area holds a great market for high-endresidential since there is still some land for building on. Light commercial and retail still hold a strong market. Commuting to Philly is reallynot a big deal, i do it every day, and it's the cleanest city on the east coast if you stay on center city and logan square.All of the people are friendly and the variety of firms there can't be beat. Septa from West Trenton, park for free,$11 round trip.

Sep 18, 05 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah but Princeton is so close to PA i have a hard time calling it central.

Sep 19, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i'll do it for $10,500.00!

Mar 14, 16 1:26 am  · 
 · 

Too cheap to pay a decent fee, and uses a Hotmail address... Sounds legit.

Mar 14, 16 1:28 am  · 
 · 

hotravi,

How many hours are you expecting it would take to prepare the plans. First, I would charge at least $40,000 at Billed Hourly rate of $500/hour. That's about $15,000 for me and about $20,000 for the architect's stamp who would be my contracted consultant and about $5,000 to pay off the licensing board if they have a problem otherwise, it gets donated to some good cause.

Mar 14, 16 2:14 am  · 
 · 

$40,000 assumes a billed hours of about 80 hours. Additional hours would be billed at $500/hour.

Mar 14, 16 2:26 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

good and cheap? Yeah OKAY.

Mar 14, 16 6:22 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

so cheap, couldnt purchase add space noting they are hiring.

Mar 14, 16 7:51 am  · 
 · 
Hey Rick, stop portraying yourself as licensed. It's an insult to those of us that are. And illegal.
Mar 14, 16 8:34 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

hotravi - you're likely to get only grief here.  Craigslist is probably your best bet  but it is a situation where you get what you pay for

Mar 14, 16 8:59 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I've found his linked in > https://www.linkedin.com/in/hotravi

Look at this experience " My best friends are...."

Mar 14, 16 9:42 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Mings - "those of us that are"  feels good doesn't it!

Mar 14, 16 10:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: