Archinect
anchor

miralles font?

crillywazzy

hey y'all... does anyone know the name of the typeface that miralles used in his drawings? there was a post in one of the school blogs about it and in there someone else said there was a post on here in the past asking the same question, however a search only turns up 2 posts matching the word "miralles". so... either search here is weak, the topic has expired or i'm a moron.

in any case, if someone could tell me what it is i'd be grateful.

Aug 1, 05 2:41 am
xtbl

dammit, i've been looking for this too with no luck.

Aug 1, 05 2:54 am  · 
 · 
Zoë Coombes

Used to work in the office. I had it within my reach all the time but felt that it is too much of a trade mark.

Aug 1, 05 3:01 am  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Sorry about that...it was me who used to work there (zoe was logged on my machine).

Aug 1, 05 3:03 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah... i could see that being a trademark, especially now that he has passed... but it's just such a nice font!

Aug 1, 05 3:08 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

are you sure it's not a custom font?

Aug 1, 05 3:19 am  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

ahh. i had heard from someone it was a fairly common style of lettering in catalan offices.

Aug 1, 05 4:06 am  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

here's one that's kinda close, but no banana
Bernhard Fashion

Aug 1, 05 4:08 am  · 
 · 
bigness

man, i've been wanting tha thing since 2 year uni...i'll pay good money for it.

Aug 1, 05 5:19 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

it's a pretty basic linear font. how hard could it be to make one up in fontographer? (although I have to confess I wouldn't know how...)

Aug 1, 05 5:43 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

another idea: is it possible to extract the font from the flash files on www.mirallestagliabue.com

Aug 1, 05 5:48 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

a link straight to the swf

Aug 1, 05 5:51 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

so much for that theory... the text in the flash file is broken up into straight geometry, it isn't embedded as a font.

if anyone had a pdf with the right font, you could take it out of there.

Aug 1, 05 6:54 am  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Yes is an original font still in use by his ex partner Carmen Pinos as well.

Aug 1, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

I don't think its a common style of lettering in catalan offices, in fact I'd say there isn't a common type of lettering in general (except for the typicals arial, century gothic, gill sans, frugal sans or futura).. though I haven't been to many offices, but checking out the panels and drawings in competitions and such, everyone uses different styles..

I think they created it themselves, though in school one could see some projects where students were using that font... that "S" (diagonal line) is unmistakable.. and since all the letters are so simplified its pretty easy to copy... I see it as a catalan contemporary version of the typical ancient font (don't know its name) used by Wright and others (the "E" or the "R" are pretty similar for example):

Aug 1, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: