Archinect
anchor

Help! Aluminum Panels!

mintcar

I'm looking for an extremely high quality, innovative manufacturer/fabricator of aluminum wall panels (interior and exterior) -- aluminum with a stainless steel finish -- and is an international company, or at least, can produce at an international scale.

Anyone know? Thanks a ton!

Jul 27, 05 7:44 pm
Tectonic
link

can do just about anything

Jul 27, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

also..link.com">link Talk to Bob Cadman.....these guys can do just about anything not only what's on their site. As well as ceilings plus, they can do more than what's on their site. Chek em out.

Jul 27, 05 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic
www.adamscampbell.com
Jul 27, 05 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

The link on the second post did not work. But Bob Cdaman would be your contact for www.adamscampbell.com

Jul 27, 05 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Also, when you say stainless steel, do you mean polished aluminum? Or, do you actually want a layer of stainless steel on top of the aluminum panel.

Jul 27, 05 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

thanks a lot for the links, tectonic. you're awesome. have you worked on a lot of projects with metal surfaces?

polished aluminum is what i meant by "looks like SS" -- a little duller, a little darker grey. i'm also looking into injection-molded magnesium.

Jul 27, 05 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

i've been looking at these companies that specialize in aluminum:

[url=http://www.corusgroup-hylite.com/]corus hylite[url]
[url=http://www.alucobondusa.com/]alucobond[url]

and this guy: [url=http://www.azahner.com/]bill zahner[url]

Jul 27, 05 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

dang! none of that code worked ... !

Jul 27, 05 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar
corus hylite
alucobond

and this guy: bill zahner

... it's been a long day

Jul 27, 05 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
plastic

try sobotec. they deal almost exclusively with alucobond, but would use almost any composite manufacturer if cost comes into it. they also do solid aluminum plate (not sure of finishes) as well as other composite material such as zinc, stainless and copper.

Jul 28, 05 8:31 am  · 
 · 
mintcar

thanks again for the links. i haven't worked with aluminum, so i'm not sure which companies manufacture the highest quality aluminum, nor do i know which are the best fabricators out there. i'm willing to use international fabricators and producers as long as the quality is immaculate.

Jul 28, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

(by international i mean outside the US -- europe, japan, etc -- shipping is not a concern)

Jul 28, 05 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Shacklebolt

I might be late to the discussion but I know a place that sells some of the best aluminum panels there are. Check out, Bauco Access Panel Solutions. I realize this may be too late for whatever you were talking about a couple months ago but you never know for the future! Completely customizable and you're able to apply whatever finish you want so it ends up looking invisible. 

Sep 24, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I vote Sobotec... Great Company ..great quality control and it takes forever to get their product....just kidding.  Clients always want everything yesterday.

Sep 24, 14 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

hurrah for the resurrection of a 9-year old thread!

it's a miracle.

Sep 24, 14 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Haha, NS, I was thinking along similar lines.
Sep 24, 14 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: