Archinect
anchor

House inside a house

sjniles

I'm trying to remember a project I saw of a house built around an existing small house. I saw it sometime in the last year, but don't remember where or who. Actually any precedents similiar would be helpful.

Sep 14, 11 9:53 am
drums please, Fab?

umm .. gehry?

Sep 14, 11 10:00 am  · 
 · 
TheMasterBuilder

Google is your friend.

http://inhabitat.com/residence-bunny-lane-adam-kalkin/

Is that the one you're talking about? When you say "house within a house" thats kinda the only thing that pops up in my mind.

For the record, I really don't care much for this, I mean, I get it, it's a joke. But its like one of those trying to be ironic jokes that leads me to say "yea, its funny, so what..."

Sep 14, 11 11:59 am  · 
 · 
sjniles

You must be better at google than I am. That is the one I was thinking about seeing recently, thanks. There are also other examples of a smaller conditioned space inside a larger un conditioned space that I've seen and can't seem to find or recall. I need to develop a better filing system for this sort of thing.

Sep 14, 11 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Egad, that's awful.

Sep 15, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
batman

was the house white? was in japan?

maybe one of sou fujimoto houses. check out "house n"

Sep 15, 11 6:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: