Archinect
anchor

Ever been hired from Archinect job adverts anyone?

junior

I'm just curious, but has anyone ever actually received employment from applying to an Archinect job advert?

Aug 25, 11 11:39 pm
Rusty!

No. The whole thing is a cruel joke, and every night archinect fatcats light their chinese cigars with one dollar bills while laughing at you.

Aug 25, 11 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

The average job ad on Archinect gets hundreds of job applicants, so it's very competitive, and it's understandable if you feel hopeless when you don't get many responses from the hiring firms. Based on follow-ups we conduct with our job advertisers, almost all positions posted on Archinect get filled within 3 weeks.

Aug 26, 11 12:00 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i got one interview once

once.

Aug 26, 11 12:04 am  · 
 · 
grid

I got one! 

Aug 26, 11 1:12 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

nope!

Aug 26, 11 2:36 am  · 
 · 
dblock

I was hired from an Archinect job ad a few years ago (pre-recession)... worked there a few years.

This is one of the most popular forums though. I remember I applied to one job and the company's email box imploaded within a few hours... so its competitive out there...

Aug 26, 11 4:00 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

interviewed and got an offer based on posting here...

Aug 26, 11 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

A few years back (2006-2007, pre-recension) I know I got an interview thru here, but I can't remember if the job I got was advertised here (I believe they advertised here and in the AIA Chicago job board, I believe I sent them my stuff thru AIA, and then saw that they had also posted here). 

Aug 26, 11 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

we've hired 2 people off of ads we've placed here. or, at least they saw the ads here and applied accordingly.

Aug 27, 11 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
urbanity

I had two really great offers after applying to firms that had employment ad posted on archinect. I was about to take one of the offers, which involved a relocation to the bay area, but ended up choosing to stay put because the economic outlook had begun to erode.

most of my new employment over the years has come from sending in my resume directly to firms through their websites.

Aug 27, 11 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Before I graduated in 2007, I responded to an archinect ad for an in intern architect position  in Irvine, Ca. I got hired there and proceeded to work  on low rise office building projects in the inland empire as they call it(San Bernadino, Riverside and Fontana). It was a 70- mile commute from San Diego - but I did learn a lot about applying modulars to design - we worked in red Col -erase pencils for design, then autocad -

Aug 27, 11 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i did two interviews at a firm in pittsburgh, but i didn't end up getting the job

Aug 28, 11 10:33 am  · 
 · 
AP

i used archinect's job board while looking for work in new york in '07 and again recently.  in total - several interviews, offers, and one job.

Aug 28, 11 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

I got my most recent job in nyc (which I just left to move cross country) from archinect in early 2010. Hoping it'll come through again in my job hunt now.

Aug 28, 11 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: