Archinect
anchor

I told I was available for a job interview two weeks later, but the recruiter didn't reply to me until now.

yookyunglee

Hi everyone, I received an interview request from M Mosers Associates, and the recruiter asked me whether I'm available for this coming week. (1st Jan ~5th Jan).

But I have another interview on the 3rd of January, so I wanted to focus on that, so I told her I'm available on the 5th of January, the 10th, 11th,  and the 12th of January.

She contacted me through the LinkedIn InMail message function, and I replied through that as well, but she didn't reply to me, so I sent it over again directly through InMail to her account.

And still, she didn't reply to me?

Am I rejected because of the interview date?

Dec 29, 23 11:40 am
Brightbury

There’s no reason to think you’re rejected.  
The most likely explanation is that the recruiter and/or the people responsible for hiring at the firm are on vacation, as this week between Christmas and New Year’s is one of the most common weeks for that, in which case you might not hear from them again until next Tuesday or later in the week, as they catch up.  

It’s also unlikely but possible that the firm is in such a hurry to hire, and has enough candidates that they’ve already interviewed or who they’ll interview in the next few days, that they won’t want to wait another few days or a week to interview you. That’s always a risk you take by not having immediate availability.   Many firms are having trouble finding good candidates these days, so this probably isn’t the case. In a more competitive market I’d suggest that you should try harder to meet the employer’s request, even if it means multiple interviews per day, but this isn’t that market.

January 1 is a holiday so nobody’s likely to interview anybody that day, so at most you’re stalling by 2 or 3 days, which really isn’t likely to be a problem for most firms. Be patient and don’t pester the recruiter again until at least January 4.

Dec 29, 23 1:29 pm  · 
1  · 

Yeah, don’t worry about it much - everyone “worked” today. 

Dec 29, 23 6:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: