Archinect
anchor

Seeking Opportunities in Design/ Architecture in Canada: International Architect with 3 Years of Experience

v_joshi

Hi everyone

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I’m an international student from India. I completed my bachelor’s in architecture in 2019 and have a work experience of 3 years working in Revit (BIM) and AutoCAD for hotel projects in California, USA. I reside in Ontario and completed Graduate Diploma in architectural conservation from Carleton University this year and currently I’m enrolled in the Project Management program at Algonquin college.

I’m reaching out for guidance to get opportunities in design/ architecture/ project management and would be very grateful for any thoughts or comments.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers!
- v_joshi

Dec 28, 23 5:24 pm
Non Sequitur

you’re literally in my backyard (Ottawa) and offices in the city is starving for staff. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting 2 or 3 job openings.  Problem is you’ll likely be considered junior technologist, not an intern architect. 

Dec 28, 23 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
v_joshi

Hey @Non Sequitur

Thank you for your reply! I've been following your insights on posts for quite a while now.

I have applied to architectural technologist roles in Ottawa. My accreditation is in process, so it will be awhile before I can work as an intern architect. That being said, I have had no luck in landing an interview so far. I managed to get a job in North Bay, but decided to stay here in Ottawa as I have some family here.

I would be grateful if you could provide some insights as to how I can improve my profile....resume/portfolio. Maybe I could send it to you by email....if that's alright..

Any insight from your end would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Dec 28, 23 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: