Archinect
anchor

Oh how times have (not) changed!

ivanmillya

From the Wikipedia page on Haus Wittgenstein:

One of the architects, Jacques Groag, wrote in a letter: "I come home very depressed with a headache after a day of the worst quarrels, disputes, vexations, and this happens often. Mostly between me and Wittgenstein."

Strange comfort in knowing our profession hasn't really changed in 100 years.

Dec 21, 23 10:11 am

Sounds like you work with a horrible firm.  

Dec 21, 23 10:45 am  · 
 · 
*your name

Why did you assume that?

Dec 21, 23 11:28 am  · 
 · 
ivanmillya

I just thought it was a funny little quote is all. I think everyone in our profession has had this experience at one point. I wasn't really commenting on the work culture of my firm in particular.

Dec 21, 23 11:42 am  · 
2  · 

I know. I'm just joking around. There are days when my face hurts because of something someone is doing on a project.

Dec 21, 23 11:45 am  · 
1  · 
ivanmillya

Right now I'm in the middle of a very painful VE phase on a project. Both we and the contractor apparently forgot to tell our client that we don't, in fact, control the economy, building department, or time itself.

Dec 21, 23 11:47 am  · 
3  · 
*your name

Btw, my question was for Chad Miller, but thank you for clarifying.

Dec 21, 23 11:48 am  · 
 · 
*your name

I wish both of you happy holidays. Hang in there. I am glad I am not working at the moment.

Dec 21, 23 12:04 pm  · 
1  · 
ivanmillya

You too my name! I'm ready to take my vacation. Just a few more hours at a desk, then I'm off until next year.

Dec 21, 23 12:19 pm  · 
1  · 

Jovan, I wish you a good christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of the year and a good new years. I will be enjoying the break from the last couple of weeks.

Dec 23, 23 1:56 am  · 
 · 

This is very funny, Jovan. That damned Wittgenstein! 

Dec 24, 23 6:41 am  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: