Archinect
anchor

Architecture in Chicago

lanynguyen

Hello! Architectural student here. I’m traveling to Chicago next week just out of love for the architecture there. What are the best ways to meet up with local architects or future architects to learn more about the history/ design of the city? I’ve struggled to find other architectural friends that like to travel so unfortunately I don’t have anyone to share the experience with. Hoping for guidance on how to connect with others to travel and see great buildings! Thank you in advance.

Oct 17, 23 7:25 pm
przemula

You should visit Chicago Architectural Center, it's pretty cool. An event where you may not meet too many architects but it's a cool way to explore the city is the Chicago River boat tour, but I'm not sure if they're still on once it gets cold. Besides that, unfortunately you're just a bit late to some fun events: Chicago Open House was just this weekend, where a lot of both modern and historical buildings were open to explore. AIA Chicago Design Night was a couple of weeks ago too, with a fabulous afterparty that gave me an awful hangover the next day. 

Oct 18, 23 3:29 pm  · 
1  · 

Yeah, we gotta stop scheduling them on Thursdays…

Oct 19, 23 8:49 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

The Chicago architecture Biennale is getting underway now.   I think some sites are already open.

https://chicagoarchitecturebie...

Oct 18, 23 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
lanynguyen

Super cool, thank you for the recommendations!

Oct 18, 23 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
pandahut

1,000% architecture river boar tour if it's still running. CAF is worth visiting and chatting with people there. Art museum is really a great space....

Plenty of cool spots to check out around the city especially because Chicago is a city of neighborhoods, so most of them all have their own personality.

Oct 19, 23 1:51 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: