Archinect
anchor

Year End Bonuses

Brightbury

8.3% bonus (one month's salary) + 10% raise. 

Some years at some firms I got nothing. Once I got a 30% bonus. Once I got a $100 bill. A few times I got some fairly expensive impractical decorative object. You never know.  I count 2023 as one of the better years in this regard.

Dec 23, 23 4:35 pm  · 
4  · 
przemula

Got a $8000 bonus, which was a very nice touch after usually getting ~$500 before, while working for smaller firms.

Got a 7% raise too, but will have to remind management about it because I still haven't seen it hit my account. 

On another note, firm did have a good year and I like it was mentioned in the letter. I used to have a boss who purchased multiple cars and properties while I worked there, hired new people and grew company exponentially, and still had an audacity to say they're barely scraping by and can't afford anything. 

Dec 27, 23 9:57 am  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

I'll never forget the firm where they laid off 15% of the staff one Friday and then following week, one of the partners buys a boat and another one pulls up to the office in a big new Audi.

Dec 27, 23 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

Don't let employees get in the way of you having your shining artificial penis. lol

Dec 27, 23 12:50 pm  · 
2  · 
kenchiku

No bonus this year. Hoping for a raise in April.

Dec 31, 23 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
CincyVibes

I’ve only been with my new firm since September but it’s clear I made the right choice. They gave every employee $1000(~2,000 team members) because the firm did well. Since I joined so late in the year I expected nothing for 2023 but they still gave me a 10% bonus: 

I couldn’t believe it and when I talked to the SVP to thank him later that week he said he did it because it was the right thing to do. After 11 years at my previous employer, feeling vindicated going into 2024.

Jan 1, 24 10:05 am  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: