Archinect
anchor

What are my options now?

HannahLay

I receive my results in in two days and I'm really stressing out. I had a really bad three years at university, I chose the wrong university for myself and honestly I lacked so much motivation, had some personal issues (e.g. death in the family and some other issues). I'm a hard working individual, before my degree I completed a foundation diploma coming out with a distinction. So I genuinely just had a horrible three years at the university I went to. But regardless, It is on me. 

I am curious, should I resit my last two years at a different university to make up for the grades? I'm sure I'm either going to get a third or maybe a 2:2 if I'm lucky. If I actually do end up failing my third year I get one year funded my student finance and will have to fund one year myself. Will my grades make a really big difference in continuing with this career path? I looked into masters programs and I need at least a 2:2 but Middlesex university states they take three years of experience as well instead. I'm not sure what to do, should I redo the two years or just find a job? If I were to redo the two years I'd do it at the university where I got my foundation diploma from. I have tried searching for a few 12 month Masters courses but the only think I can find is in UCL but its around 12,950 pounds. Would the 12 month masters be more effective than redoing the two years? 

I want to pursue my career in interior architecture or interior design, however you chose to phrase it. So I'm really worried about how this would effect my future. Also in the future if I ever wanted to change my career path or apply for a different field would that even be possible with a 2:2?

Realistically what are my options?

Jun 18, 17 12:46 pm
thegirlxyz

Try looking for jobs for a year and see if you can make it to any firm. Most companies don't even care about your grades. Instead spend time learning some useful softwares like revit which is in high demand in the architecture industry nowadays. In case you have a hard luck finding a job , you can get back to university and complete a one year or a two years masters. Getting into UCL with those grades would be next to impossible. But you can always try your luck. Stop looking back and try to move ahead and definitely, a one year masters would be a step ahead in your career

Jul 1, 17 6:31 am  · 
 · 
natematt

I'm assuming you're in the UK, so i don't know exactly how that system works. 

In the US it's not expected that you will tell people your GPA in applications for jobs, so it doesn't really matter as long as your work is decent. Also, you don't need a masters to work in interiors here, it's actually fairly atypical. If these are true there, then the only thing that matters is that you graduate and have some decent work. Right? 

Jul 1, 17 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

David Curtis the good governor candidate i was so advocate , Nevada needs dignitaries   

Jul 2, 17 3:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: