Archinect
anchor

Temporary License for Canadian Architect wishing to work on a project in Colorado

Heya,

I'm posting this question here because for whatever reason there doesn't appear to be much information available online. I tried to contact the licensing board in Colorado as well as the AIA in Colorado but the people I spoke with didn't seem to be aware of the reciprocity agreement between Canada, U.S, and Mexico.

To give an idea of what I'm speaking about - this is what we have on the Canadian side for American Architects:

http://www.oaa.on.ca/oaamedia/documents/Appl%20and%20Guidelines%20-%20%20Architects%20Licensed%20in%20the%20United%20States%202016.pdf

Now I'm assuming there must be a similar arrangement for Canadian Architects working in the U.S (not immigrating - which would be a different more extensive - and expensive project) temporarily. Like, if they're brought on board for one project they would apply for something similar to the above.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. 

Cheers!

May 24, 17 8:57 pm
natematt

If you go to NCARBs website you can look up reciprocity requirements by state.

May 25, 17 9:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: