Archinect
anchor

Intern Portfolio review.

kalai

Hello everyone. I am kalai from india and recently i finished my folio for an Academic Internship. I would like to share it here and know your opinions on it. Please feel free to comment on it openly, I want to improve myself. help me out please.

PFA link to my Online Portfolio.

https://issuu.com/zedogette/docs/kalai-folio-april17

May 1, 17 2:28 pm
SpontaneousCombustion

There's some very good work in there, but it's overwhelmed by the quantity of work, some of which is not as strong and so just unnecessary, and the overall busy-nes of the presentation.  I would suggest deleting projects/spreads 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 14, and 15.  Move the work from your summer internship to the front. Then try to thin out the graphic noise in each of the remaining spreads.

Also weed out your resume a bit - scrap the pre-college educational experience.  Move your professional experience to the top of the list.  Make the list of software more compact (put it in a few lines, separated by commas - not a long list that takes up most of the page.)  Emphasize professional experience, not software applications.

May 1, 17 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

I agree about eliminating references to high school.  I would also recommend a photo that presents you in more professional dress (at least a buttoned up shirt, and preferably tie and jacket.)

May 1, 17 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia
Just about the composition, I am not a fan of the blank page on the left of almost every project. Feels like an unfinished waste of space. Could you put a concept diagram, sketch or representation of that project on the left page?
May 1, 17 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia
I just realized you have a penis reference in there.. I wouldn't do that lol
May 1, 17 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: