Archinect
anchor

Regarding Car Parking in the Setback region

saizufmafan

Hello

This is regarding a college project we're working upon. The project is to design a residence for an elderly couple. The design of the house is ready, but the thing is that there is parking space provided for 2 cars such that they are parked in such a way that even the setback space is occupied by the car. This isn't a problem when it comes to open parking, but one of our professors wants it to be a closed car parking. I thought of something like a temporary car shed. Can anyone suggest some ideas to solve this?

Mar 16, 17 8:56 am
Non Sequitur

Temporary car sheds are still subject to (most) zoning setbacks. Note that they are often banned (because they are fucking ugly) by many municipalities.

It is also a terrible idea. You should have included an enclosed garage with the project in the first place.

Mar 16, 17 9:10 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Is this a studio on how to design suburban schlock? Then yes, redesign to include enclosed two-car garage.

Mar 16, 17 9:15 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

is your professor having you design his garage?

Mar 16, 17 9:18 am  · 
 · 
saizufmafan

Thanks guys, I actually included a garage in my first design but that eats up quite a part of the site. The remaining space seems to be too less for the rooms. I want the residence to only have a ground floor, but I think I'll work it out. Thanks again.

Mar 16, 17 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's called a design challenge.

Mar 16, 17 9:33 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Who needs a garage when you can call an Uber? Otherwise just park inside the house: 

Mar 16, 17 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
saizufmafan

I love that Uber idea but sadly we HAVE to include a garage XD

Mar 16, 17 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

You are in school - propose a Post-Garage House.

Mar 16, 17 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Exactly, people who do exactly what their teachers tell them to will not learn a lot or go very far. And what about a post-garage-proto-punk house?

Mar 16, 17 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: