Archinect
anchor

Salary question

chark

Hello all, 

I have a question on what the average salary would be for a position (not a design one) in an architecture and design firm, as a services coordinator - so the person who would prepare documents and presentations and send them out when there's a call for projects like public buildings, etc., and help with secretarial tasks around the office (communications and whatnot). 

This might seem sort of naïve on my part, but I haven't been able to find much info on how much people with these jobs get paid - I've only recently come out of school so I don't know what the industry standard is. I'm amazed that I've been able to get an interview, considering nowadays there's the whole experience thing - where you need 1-3 years of experience for practically anything -  and I'm kind of stumped on this, I don't want to look like a clueless idiot during the meeting.

I'm in Canada, so the salary range is probably different than in the US or elsewhere (not sure where the majority of you posters are from!)

If you have any ideas, please share! 

Feb 9, 17 12:33 pm

It sounds like you are referring to a marketing position? 

In many medium and especially larger firms, people in marketing who do their jobs well can earn slightly to moderately more than their architect counterparts. This is not always the case, but I know quite a few earning wages 10-30% above the equally experience architect in the same firm. 

Feb 9, 17 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So... an office receptionist? Most offices don't have a dedicated gofer position.

Entry level architectural intern salaries will vary between $38k and $50k CAD depending on your ability to assemble comprehensive construction documents and location.  To see where on this scale you place consider this: If you're mostly comfortable with sketch-up and renderings, place yourself at the lowest end of that scale.  If you can throw together a set of permit or construction docs without much hand-holding, then maybe you'll hit the mid-point.

Feb 9, 17 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
chark

This is a medium-sized office and I would offer support to the marketing team in a way... I guess it would be equivalent to a bid coordinator?

Feb 9, 17 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I'm guessing 30 - 40k.  a little lower or higher wouldn't surprise me too much

Feb 9, 17 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

in bigger east coast cities probably in the $35~$45k range depends a lot on experience and education (if you have a track record of success with it, on the higher side); entry level architecture staff make around the same (upwards of $65k, but most of those have exceptional skillsets).

Feb 9, 17 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

http://salaries.archinect.com

Feb 9, 17 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: