Archinect
anchor

I have a question on computer program used in us architecture firm

danielha

hello,

I am an architecture student that is having internship in Korea.

Here Korean architects only use CAD for drawing plan, section and elevation, even there are more developed programs like Revit. There are complaining Revit cannot be practically used in the field.

So, I am being curious, what do you thing about it and what does the aspects of American firms.

Jan 19, 17 12:26 am
SpatialSojourner

Depends on the firm.  I've found that a bunch still use CAD and will say the same thing, that you can't get well detailed projects without a lot of toil in Revit.  I've heard that some firms use Revit and detail in CAD. Some are full on Revit.  YMMV, depends on firm and or project size  

Jan 19, 17 12:36 am  · 
 · 
danielha

that was so clear. Thank you for your comment

Jan 19, 17 2:42 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Revit can totally be used in the field. Your friends who complain are just making excuses and lazy.
Jan 19, 17 6:03 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

laziness and incompetence to learn something different/new,

Jan 19, 17 6:47 am  · 
 · 
randomised

BIM is very useful in the field when you have all construction and installation integrated in your 3D model and can verify it all on site on your tablet or phone while touring the building site. You'll have the entire building virtually at your disposal and can zoom in to the weirdest corners and not just the couple of plans and sections that were chosen to draw in more detail. The people who don't know BIM are intimidated by the complexity of it and fear to become obsolete so they downplay it's value/impact to try and remain relevant a little while longer.

Jan 19, 17 7:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: