Archinect
anchor

self esteem in library

archi15

hello

how we can show self esteem in a library ?
and how a library play a role in increasing a self esteem.?
(in architectural context )

Dec 16, 16 3:22 am
Non Sequitur
It can't.

Next question.
Dec 16, 16 4:15 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

knowledge = power = self esteem?

I'm not certain that there is value in artificially inflating self esteem.  My view is that unless it is grown "honestly" through some form of achievement, ideally the result of hard work, a high self esteem is essentially the same as a false self image which will eventually be painfully exposed.

Successful people have high self-esteem, therefore if we build everyone's self-esteem and more people will be successful?

Dec 16, 16 10:44 am  · 
 · 
tduds

This library has high self esteem.

Dec 16, 16 11:46 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

self help section 

Dec 16, 16 11:47 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

mirror walls with rainbow ponies decals

Dec 16, 16 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

libraries have maps?  what happened to the card catalog?  do they still do dewey decimel?

Dec 17, 16 12:40 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

If your name was on a few books it may help your self esteem.

Dec 17, 16 10:47 am  · 
 · 

The Works Progress Administration was involved in a number of library projects that were primarly intended to increase the self esteem of people by providing them with jobs. But as part of that attention was paid to ornament and art associated with these buildings expanding social and cultural narratives. 

Interesting in a time when New Deal policies and outcomes are being dismantled.

Dec 17, 16 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
TammyMansour

I agree with Jila-x, if you have your name in any of the books then you can probably help your self esteem.

Dec 21, 16 1:05 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

https://youtu.be/ZcotkFx72Jw

Dec 21, 16 7:23 am  · 
 · 
randomized

I'm sure they wrote a book about it.

Dec 21, 16 7:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: